Not able to report spam

john1000

Hope someone has some answers to this.

Ive started fighting spam a few weeks ago and send maybe more then 200 mails by now to the hosts using spamid to look up.

A lot of spam comes from china and the responsible abuse mail address is cnnic-staff[at]cnnic.net.cn

Suddenly my mails started to coming back cause.........

"This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused

by the remote mail server"

Now isnt great ,you try to do something about the spam then they reject your mail.

But is that all...?

NO...another provider is doing the same...

Lets talk about bezeqint.net,another provider who has some clients who spams day in and day out....

They also blocked my mail and got this in return...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Miss,

As I checked your email is not blocked by bezeqint.net. can you send us the reject message that you are getting?

Regards,

Rafi Ben Harush

Abuse Team

Internet [at] Bezeq International

-------------------------------------------------

That message was send to my yahoo account,i used that to write them about the blocking.

So i maild them back saying that.....yes sir you have a block on my email address !...why else should i write you using my yahoo account..!

Well its not over guys...

this was the respond i got.......

The original message was received at Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:39:38 +0200

(IST)

from mr4.bezeqint.net [192.115.104.74]

----- The following addresses had permanent delivery errors -----

reply_abuse[at]abuse.bezeqint.net

(expanded from: <abuse[at]bezeqint.net>)

Message/delivery-status

Reporting-MTA: dns; mas4.bezeqint.net

Arrival-Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:39:38 +0200 (IST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; abuse[at]bezeqint.net

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: DNS; [192.115.106.53]

Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <xxxxxxx[at]yahoo.com>: Sender address

rejected: Spamers not allowd by Bezeqint systems. Please consult your

Postmaster

Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:39:42 +0200 (IST)

Thats it....i reply with my yahoo mail and that gets blocked also...

Anyone has a great idea how to report abuse now ?

And more important....can they do this ?

hi jeff, im new at this complaint stuff,i had a look at the link you posted...http://www.RFC-Ignorant.Org

but do i use that abuse link to send something ?

this one...http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/submit_form.php?table=abuse

Yes, but first please lookup the domain or IP and see the submission guidelines for the particular zone you want to submit to.

Hi, John!

<snip>

Lets talk about bezeqint.net,another provider who has some clients who spams day in and day out....

They also blocked my mail and got this in return...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Miss,

As I checked your email is not blocked by bezeqint.net. can you send us the reject message that you are getting?

Regards,

Rafi Ben Harush

Abuse Team

Internet [at] Bezeq International

-------------------------------------------------

That message was send to my yahoo account,i used that to write them about the blocking.

...Do I understand correctly that you received a "bounce" (an e-mail telling you that your complaint to abuse[at]bezeqint.net would not be delivered) and the above message? If so, then it might be that Bezeq is blocking some Yahoo!Mail outgoing servers (the one through which your original complaint was sent) but not others (the one through which your e-mail asking about the "bounce" was sent).

...If I understand correctly, this is possible, as some Yahoo!Mail outgoing servers may be on a block list because spam has been sent through them, but other Yahoo!Mail outgoing servers may not be on the list because they have not (recently) been seen sending spam. Note that you have no control over which outgoing server your e-mail goes (unless Yahoo!Mail administrators are willing to force your outgoing mail through a specific server).

...And, if all this is correct, then it seems that Mr Ben Harush is saying that not *all* your e-mail is being blocked and therefore his request to see the reject message would seem to be a reasonable one.

...Hope this helps -- good luck!

thanks,

well that yahoo story is possible indeed,i dont know much about that.

Mail another 20 hosts today about their client spammers.

Unfortunate the china spammers were again busy,but they have blocked me.

I maild the postmaster at the china address using my yahoo account but he never responded,the message was delivered so no problem with returning mail.

So i guess im gonna spend some time reporting china using the link in the first reply given.

Archived