Forwarding spam using OS X Mail

Sparklys

I'm using Mail 1.3.9 on Mac OS X 10.3.7. I'd like to be able to forward my spam to Spamcop rather than using the web form, however, I can't find a way to insert messages as attachments into Mail emails. Does anyone know how (and if!) this can be done?

I have read elsewhere that forwarding email using Mail will include the full headers if done from the 'raw source' view ... but I tried that and received an error message from Spamcop saying that there was no spam found in the email.

Thanks.

The best way to investigate and test this is to try sending yourself messages.

What you should receive when viewing the full message source would be the headers for the message from you to you, a blank line to indicate the end of the headers, the headers from the spam message to you, another blank line, and the body of the spam.

I have read elsewhere that forwarding email using Mail will include the full headers if done from the 'raw source' view ... but I tried that and received an error message from Spamcop saying that there was no spam found in the email.

Viewing the "raw source" is something done on your "local screen" ... unless you actually do something with that data, just "clicking on Forward" is not going to do anything 'different' .... I'm also pretty sure that the data you say you "read somewhere" isn't quite stated that way in the FAQ .. and noting that you didn't mention anything about the data that soes exist there ...

I'm also pretty sure that the data you say you "read somewhere" isn't quite stated that way in the FAQ .. and noting that you didn't mention anything about the data that soes exist there ...

23744[/snapback]

By 'elsewhere' I mean that I didn't get the information from Spamcop. I read it on a Mac discussion board and it was the opinion of an individual Mac user. So not anything to do with Spamcop at all.

I've read through the FAQ on Spamcop and haven't been able to find anything specific to forwarding spam using Mail on OS X - unless I'm going insane and missed it somehow, of course, which I suppose is always possible!

Anyway, I shall do some more experimenting and see what I come up with.

I see a specific answer (a plug-in is required) located in the FAQ.

You can start in these forums (pinned items) or on the reporting area (Help link).

Some hints: SpamCop FAQ : SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service : How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email? : Mac OS X

I'm using Mail 1.3.9 on Mac OS X 10.3.7.  I'd like to be able to forward my spam to Spamcop rather than using the web form, however, I can't find a way to insert messages as attachments into Mail emails.  Does anyone know how (and if!) this can be done?

Thanks.

23741[/snapback]

Visit www.versiontracker.com and search for spamcop. There are several options available. I've been using the spamcop 1.3.2 plugin from Subsume for some time and it's worked great.

The Subsume plug-in is found within the FAQ already pointed to ... a "search" here will also pull up data, to include web-site, a bit of acknowledgement of the author's fallout with the SpamCop staff over some bad reporting issues ....

Archived