Improve Access To Blacklist Selection For POP3 Usr

keith246

I'd like to suggest to the Planning and Development Teams that links be added from the "Held Email" page to the: (1) "Select Your Email Filtering Black Lists", (2) "Manage your personal whitelist", and (3) "Manage your personal blacklist" web pages.

This change would simplify the use of spamcop by people pop their mail from Spamcop into products like Outlook Express. Normally the only Spamcop web pages we use are "Held Email" and "Report spam".

Paying Spamcop personal email filtering users who do not use the webmail interface do not come across the black and whitelist settings in the normal course of our use of spamcop.

If we did visit the webmail interface we'd find the blacklist and whitelist settings are behind the "Spamcop Tools" button in the "Mail Management Catagory" behind the "Options" button, instead of behind the "Filters" button. (I guess the layout makes sense if you are a webmail user.)

Those blacklist and whitelist settings are a major factor attraction to people in using spamcop.

They are the number one item that friends, collegues and forum-mates are interested in when I talk about spamcop.

Getting to the blacklist and whitelist controls should be made simple and obvious for email customers popping mail from spamcop.

This change would make it much simpler for me to explain spamcop configuration and use to collegues and friends.

Making access to the black and white list options more direct would improve customer satisfaction.

Thank you to the Planning and Development Teams for considering my change request. Keep up the good work!

Keith

(Loyal Spamcop customer and evangalist for at least 3 years now :) )

Thank you to the Planning and Development Teams for considering my change request. Keep up the good work!

Keith

(Loyal Spamcop customer and evangalist for at least 3 years now  )

Just noting that the "Planning and Development Teams" for the email side (where the white/blacklists are) is only one person (JT) who is also the adminitrator of the mail service along with a few other hats. It is probably a good idea, but I don't know how "implementable" it is as the sites you are referring to are handled by Julian/IronPort side of the house.

I agree that it takes way too many clicks and too much time to get from a Held Mail mailbox/Folder listing to the management of blacklists and whitelists and back again. While you wait for JT to provide an easier way, you might find it convenient to bookmark and use the SpamCop Tools Page in its secure or insecure form or any of its links in a separate window.

I agree that it takes way too many clicks and too much time to get from a Held Mail mailbox/Folder listing to the management of blacklists and whitelists and back again.  While you wait for JT to provide an easier way, you might find it convenient to bookmark and use the SpamCop Tools Page in its secure or insecure form or any of its links in a separate window.

24329[/snapback]

I would like a downloadable and (ideally) uploadable Whitelist so far I do not need to use a blacklist but have experimented with it

Archived