Remove link

peshtun

Hi,

Recently I found out that my companies website address was listed in some directories (!!!) without our permission. I tried to contact the owner of these websites but there were any e-mail or contact adress.

So I had to find their e-mail address through domain search WHOIS lookup.

After I send them many e-mail requesting to remove our website from their directory. But they didn't react until today!

What can I do to force them to remove our link from their websites please advice.

Thank for your help in advance.

Peshtun

Make the complaint to the domain registrar that they have unauthorisrised links to your websites and demand that these sites be closed <EOM>

24477[/snapback]

Does <EOM> mean sarcasm? I hope so since, AFAIK, as long as the "unauthorised" listings aren't actively doing anything criminal there's nothing forbidding them to list your URL/phone number/etc.

...Stu

Most of these link directories are created only to pollute the Google search results. Is there a way to complain to Google to have these sites removed from the index? If yes, it would not matter any more that his site is listed in such a directory because nobody would find that directory anymore.

Recently I found out that my companies website address was listed in some directories (!!!) without our permission. I tried to contact the owner of these websites but there were any e-mail or contact adress.

24473[/snapback]

Why would anyone require your permission to link to your website? That's sort of the whole point of the WWW. If you don't want your stuff publically accessible, don't put it on a web page.

Does <EOM> mean sarcasm? I hope so since, AFAIK, as long as the "unauthorised" listings aren't actively doing anything criminal there's nothing forbidding them to list your URL/phone number/etc.

...Stu

24500[/snapback]

Nothing necessarily to do with illegality (It however may be). The person concerned specifically asked for the links to be removed.

Not knowing why? Could be adult content etc, or just inappropriate.

The best people to rule on this are the Domain registrar, particularly if there are no warnings for underage (this, as a for instance, could constitute illegality) Some use false weblinks for "phishing" which is often an illegal act also

Archived