Slow Reporting

dra007

Running much better this morning (15th.) at 8am here in the UK, 2am EST (probably..... :) )

29301[/snapback]

...Yes, better, but still pretty slow.

...8 am in UK is, indeed, 2am EST but most of us on US Eastern time are observing EDT (daylight, or summer, time); 8 am UK summer time is 3 am EDT. :) <smile>

...Yes, better, but still pretty slow.

...8 am in UK is, indeed, 2am EST but most of us on US Eastern time are observing EDT (daylight, or summer, time); 8 am UK summer time is 3 am EDT. :) <smile>

29321[/snapback]

Quite right - far too complicated for me, though. Too much like hard work twice a year too - thank goodness for radio controlled clocks and watches that adjust themselves... :)

The webform is back to slower than a snail on Prozac for me at the moment.... :(

<snip>

The webform is back to slower than a snail on Prozac for me at the moment.... :(

29331[/snapback]

...After submitting a spam via e-mail, I received a reply in about six minutes. On the web page, after clicking the "Report Now" link, I got a response in just under a minute. After clicking the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button, I got a response in just a few seconds. All (but the last step) somewhat longer than prior weeks (other than the slow Monday morning) but also better than yesterday or Monday).

...After submitting a spam via e-mail, I received a reply in about six minutes.  On the web page, after clicking the "Report Now" link, I got a response in just under a minute.  After clicking the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button, I got a response in just a few seconds.  All (but the last step) somewhat longer than prior weeks (other than the slow Monday morning) but also better than yesterday or Monday).

29332[/snapback]

Strange - the webform is suddenly back to its wonderful old fast speed for me at the moment, (parsing response in 10 seconds or less and a SMTP response in a couple of seconds), meaning I can turn over spam in 15-20 seconds.

Strange - the webform is suddenly back to its wonderful old fast speed for me at the moment, (parsing response in 10 seconds or less and a SMTP response in a couple of seconds), meaning I can turn over spam in 15-20 seconds.

29340[/snapback]

...Yep, same here. What a relief! :D <big g>

Reporting is again slow for me. I am getting the following errors sometimes:

• Gateway Timeout
  • Cannot open database connection in getGrid
  • Can't insert route in addRoute

Also, I'm starting to get parses only complete a partial page.

I am trying to parse using mailsc.spamcop.net.

The stats don't look that unusual.

...My e-mail submissions this morning (haven't done one recently) were taking a half hour or more to come back to me.� Web page activity (www.spamcop.net) was pretty slow, too.

29388[/snapback]

I submitted spam at 1631 GMT and it was acknowledged at 1733 GMT. So the delay is now more than an hour :(

There seems to be a pattern emerging here. Quite slow most of the time except during the early morning hours (European time).

Yesterday the systems seem much faster than usual, but today I have also experieced the same delays

Forward as attachement [at] 8:30am response received at 9:19am

Reported them at 12:00 noon and reporting was much slower than yesterday.

Sent one more as attachement at 12:09pm reply recieved at 12:11pm so reply time has greatly improved from this morning. Reporting speed has also impoved but still slower than yesterday.

Note all times are pacific daylight or (-0700)

• 1 year later...

Bringing this old topic back to life.

Has anyone else noticed the parser seems very slow the last day or so? My delays seem to be mostly in the generating and emailing reports part of the code. The original parse is fairly typical, but after I hit the Report spam button, it seems to be crawling before allowing me to continue.

...The original parse is fairly typical, but after I hit the Report spam button, it seems to be crawling before allowing me to continue.
Occasionally it seems a bit slow (by comparison with the quickness to which we have become accustomed in recent months). Not consistently, just reported a few and they went rapidly and without a whimper into that great dark.

Occasionally it seems a bit slow (by comparison with the quickness to which we have become accustomed in recent months). Not consistently, just reported a few and they went rapidly and without a whimper into that great dark.

Thank you... today was better. Was horrible yesterday when I posted, taking more than a minute to send each set of messages.

Archived