Blocked but not shown on the list

jfarjona

Hi there.

While sending email to a domain, I am getting the following:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<support[at]supportwebsite.com>

(reason: 553 68.89.161.* mail rejected due to excessive spam (Spamcop 68.89.161.29))

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to smtp.secureserver.net.:

>>>>>> RCPT To:<support[at]supportwebsite.com>

<<< 553 68.89.161.* mail rejected due to excessive spam (Spamcop 68.89.161.29)

550 5.1.1 <support[at]supportwebsite.com>... User unknown

So, I went to your website and tried my IP, which is: 68.89.161.197 (mail.jfarjona.com) and it says that is not on the blocked list. I contacted the support people at the domain and they said it is on spamcop, but spamcop says it isn't.... can you please explain what is going on?

If the range is being blocked, could you please remove my netblock from your list?

Juan F Arjona SBC068089161192030617 (NET-68-89-161-192-1)

68.89.161.192 - 68.89.161.199

I am not a spammer neither is my SMTP server an open relay.

Thanks.

The IP address that was blocklisted is 68.89.161.29, an SBC IP apparently assigned to the Baylor College of Medicine. It looks like the recipient is blocking the entire range around that offending IP. This is something that the recipient does, not SpamCop (AFAIK, SpamCop only lists individual IPs, never entire ranges). Therefore, I think, only the recipient would be able to remove you.

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...ng=68.89.161.29 shows some strangeness going on .... suggestion being that there might be some time lag involved between your issue and when you got around to posting it here?

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day ........ 1.7 .. -100%

Last 30 days .. 4.6 ... 848%

Average ........ 3.6

Looks as if this server has been shutdown and/or users have been re-assigned to another server.

On the other hand, the wildcard IP block isn't a notmally seen listing, so as suggested, there may be much more to the story, and the error/rejection message may not actually be telling the truth.

I've no idea if your "support[at]supportwebsite" is actual or something bogus that you think you made up, so I'm not going to waste time trying to research that out .... it's confising enough that you talk about "your" server but offer up a rejection notice that identifies a different IP address ... any way you can clear this up?

whois -h whois.dotster.com jfarjona.com ...

Domain Name: JFARJONA.COM

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.JFARJONA.COM

NS2.JFARJONA.COM

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...in=jfarjona.com shows a number of things that should be resolved, as some of these items give cause to some folks rejecting your e-mail ....

Archived