oath.com spam

salfordian

Over the past few weeks from absolutely no where I've started getting loads of spam from this network, all the spammers seem to be flocking to them because they don't take any action, has anyone else noticed this?

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6542922397z3c2945f480a7ca56b47a7cb777329cd4z

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6542923446z72655f6a75f2ec753507b5061bf1ac8cz

These guys are catching up to the OCN network

(Repost due to abuse/trolls)

Edited by salfordian

19 minutes ago, salfordian said:

Over the past few weeks from absolutely no where I've started getting loads of spam from this network, all the spammers seem to be flocking to them because they don't take any action, has anyone else noticed this?

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6542922397z3c2945f480a7ca56b47a7cb777329cd4z

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6542923446z72655f6a75f2ec753507b5061bf1ac8cz

These guys are catching up to the OCN network

(Repost due to abuse/trolls)

These are Yahoo throwaway email accounts the abuse address is/should be network-abuse[AT]cc.yahoo-inc[DOT]com
Once spammers have you on their spam list when they move around to a different free account they use that same list.
Also post US sourced phishing  spam to 
phishing-report[]ATus-cert[DOT]gov
just raises action from yahoo to actually act.

16 minutes ago, salfordian said:

Oath Holdings Inc is now owned by Verizon Media so its them and it's getting popular with the spammers because they don't take any action

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Media

It's Yahoo running it  but my second Ripe look-up just  now, gives the SpamCop abuse address as correct?
Oath Verison have taken over Yahoo etc?

I recall being mildly surprised recently to see some reference to Oath when reporting a spam, I was half expecting it to go to the usual Yahoo reporting address. o

I don't have a link to hand but think I saw something a few months back  about Yahoo now being part of Oath.

2 hours ago, lisati said:

I recall being mildly surprised recently to see some reference to Oath when reporting a spam, I was half expecting it to go to the usual Yahoo reporting address. o

I don't have a link to hand but think I saw something a few months back  about Yahoo now being part of Oath.

might be a good thing Yahoo were useless at stopping spam
May take a while for new owners to work it out (I hope)

2 hours ago, petzl said:

Yahoo were useless at stopping spam. May take a while for new owners to work it out.

Hey Petzl & Lisati,

Yahoo acc 15 years, it's been good for us, never had one spam, not before the "Oath" change & not since, seamless🤫, have to shush that comment, don't wanna jinx them & start getting a flood.

74.6.130.122 - HOSTNAME:  sonic316-12dotconsmrdotmaildotbf2dotyahoodotcom

DOMAIN: yahoo.com

Organization: Yahoo!

AS 26101 (Yahoo!)

NETWORK OWNER(ISP): Oath Holdings

Reading the reference article "Oath was renamed Verizon Media 08/01/2019"

Looks like their changes have been many & not complete, no surprise, that's "business" in a "Global" world.

Cheers!

G🦗 H

Edited by MIG

3 hours ago, MIG said:

Yahoo acc 15 years, it's been good for us, never had one spam,

not about receiving spam it is yahoo sending spam.

46 minutes ago, petzl said:

not about receiving spam it is yahoo sending spam.

10-4 Petzel,

?, are you "saying" the 3 urls in this topic are from spam the source of which is yahoo?

Curious...

Cheers!

G🦗 H

Edited by MIG

13 hours ago, petzl said:

not about receiving spam it is yahoo sending spam

Yes, Yahoo (now Oath Holdings Inc ) are free throwaway accounts, as well as in September 2016, Yahoo revealed a hack that compromised 500 million user accounts. In December, the company revealed yet another hack, this time affecting a record 1 billion accounts. On Tuesday, Yahoo updated that number to all 3 billion accounts its services.
Seems most (maybe near everyone) have not changed their Yahoo passwords?
For some reason Australia is now being blitzed by Yahoo spam?
https://www.mailguard.com.au/blog/yahoo-spam-continues-to-bombard-australian-users/

Edited by petzl

1 hour ago, MIG said:

😕7 years ago? Not disputing the reference or the rationale Petzl ,  just curious...🤔

Cheers G🦗 H

don't know if it's stopped? Don't sound good when just two years ago 3 billion Yahoo email accounts lost their data including passwords
How long you been with Yahoo?.

3 hours ago, petzl said:

How long you been with Yahoo?.

Surprisingly (to me anyway) I do know the answer, 15 years in Oct. And, on the graves of all my treasured ones, I've never, never, had 1 spam in my Yahoo acc, Hotmail on the other hand, until I found SpamCop, I believed my details had to be on some out-of-control-crap-web-rotation... 

CieLeVie.

Avagoodwe Petzl. Election soon, gird your loins!

G🦗 H

54 minutes ago, MIG said:

Surprisingly (to me anyway) I do know the answer, 15 years in Oct. And, on the graves of all my treasured ones, I've never, never, had 1 spam in my Yahoo acc, Hotmail on the other hand, until I found SpamCop, I believed my details had to be on some out-of-control-crap-web-rotation... 

CieLeVie.

Avagoodwe Petzl. Election soon, gird your loins!

G🦗 H

I've had a Yahoo account since before last  millennium don't use it except to watch Channel 7 TV.
Election coming yes voting "our" duopolies last
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” Mark Twain

On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, petzl said:

Channel 7 TV.
 ***duopolies***
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” Mark Twain

Don't you have a 📺 Petzl?

***Exactly!***

Mark Twain was a very smart man, 'cept, in "our" case, any change means more of the same😩

13 hours ago, MIG said:

Don't you have a 📺 Petzl?

Yes but can look at past episodes/news I missed
My big touch screen "all in one" computer is by my lounge, with big screen up high on wall 

Edited by petzl

3 hours ago, petzl said:

1. Can look at past episodes/news I missed.
2. My big touch screen "all in one" computer is by my lounge, with big screen up high on wall 

1. Got it..
  2. I've seen those, they're bigger than my lounge/office combined👀

Cheers!

G🦗 H

Edited by MIG