IMAP sorting problem

Tim P

IMAP is so much easier to sort the mail and report via website. I did not have any problems with it and have done this for about two years. That changed today when I noticed that the mail client program would move the items around, but it would not show that they were being moved to a folder.

It appeared like the spam was being moved - but "it just disappeared" :blink:

When I looked in the folder that I directed it to go, the mail was *gone*.

But, in light of todays discussion of a sluggish server-something was up.

I verified that the mail was actually moved from the webmail side, and that the reporting side was working (held mail report checks). Is this a related symptom of the recent server trouble?

Just have to verify that the problem is not on my end, thats all. It does show in the client program - but after a very long delay (something never seen here before).

I use the IMAP (secure) connection at imap.cesmail.net. Should I reset that to imap.spamcop.net? as that cesmail domain may be phased out soon., so I've seen in the FAQ. Didn't get a round-tuit. B)

But, in light of todays discussion of a sluggish server-something was up.

What discussion was this?

Is this a related symptom of the recent server trouble?

What server trouble? Why wouldn't you have posted this into that discussion?

I use the IMAP (secure) connection at  imap.cesmail.net.  Should I reset that to imap.spamcop.net?  as that cesmail domain may be phased out soon., so I've seen in the FAQ.  Didn't get a round-tuit.  B)

Where is this stated?

I agree, Tim P's comments aren't making much sense at present. However, imap.spamcop.net and imap.cesmail.net both point to the same server, although imap.spamcop.net didn't resolve for a while in some parts of the net during the troublesome dns period months ago.

Archived