Password Size?

petzl

What is the maximum size for passwords

is 30 characters to many

What characters can be used

Personally I like to use between 45 and 60 random characters and numbers with symbols such as"=" signs included for maximum security

Can this be accommodated or is one limited to upper & lower case QWERTY with numerals

Have you tried?  Have you gotten any errors? If confirmed that at least x characters is accepted, that could be added into one of the FAQ entries.

My passwords are 11 qwerty characters including the date of last change and are changed every 90 days.

24861[/snapback]

I used 50 and are presently locked out :(

No error message nothing so the limit is less than 50 (What the number is though I don't know) HotMail seems to be between 8 & 15 (at least the box only holds fifteen characters)

I use 40 to 50 randomly generated uppercase lowercase qwerty characters with random numbers on most accounts I wish to be really secure (equal to 400 bits)

I use a password saver on a USB drive so remembering them is no problem, The password file is also available (hidden) on my website also heavily encrypted by two different algorythm methods

That is what I did not want to happen to me, sorry  :(

Have you sent a message off to JT to reset the password?

24878[/snapback]

Yes JT has reset my password he believes the limit is 30 but right now not game to try it (Will try again next sunday Sydney Australia time) I don't expect much mail on Sunday Monday

Yes JT has reset my password he believes the limit is 30 but right now not game to try it (Will try again next sunday Sydney Australia time) I don't expect much mail on Sunday Monday

24890[/snapback]

Looks like JT is correct (30 is maximum) I just used random 26 lowercase/Upercase characters numbers (giving 208 bit security) and it works (numbers and Characters only no symbols)

Willl change this shorty to an undisclosed (higher or lower) number as giving away password size is also a "clue" but 208 bit security is better than a banks

Archived