Jump to content
showker

Suddenly, a week ago, my spam trap is empty ????

Recommended Posts

About a week ago I started getting zero spam from my Spamcop account.

This is the first time since 1997 that I have NO spam in the spam folder for over a week.  --- not even Chinese spam, which has come every single day for twenty years.  How can this be?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, showker said:

About a week ago I started getting zero spam from my Spamcop account.

This is the first time since 1997 that I have NO spam in the spam folder for over a week.  --- not even Chinese spam, which has come every single day for twenty years.  How can this be?

 

Just botnet DDoS attacks, although using Chinese botnets I believe the insertion of Chinese writing in spam body may of been added as a red herring.
Same for the fake drug spams which seemed to be coordinated with the Chinese botnet blitz,
I found reporting https://12321.cn did shut the botnet down, they insist abuse reports be sent as attachment
Can't guarantee that botnet attack won't start again?
What I typically included in report

botnet source - ddos
111.76.169.40   anti-spamxns.chinanet.cn.net
see  
http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=111.76.169.40
email server - reset password
219.235.112.153   ipasxcnnic.cn, 
 Warning - Does not support TLS. 

offending email forwarded also, can be read as text attachment with a text/ASCII editor like notepad or eml text reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, showker said:

About a week ago I started getting zero spam from my Spamcop account.

This is the first time since 1997 that I have NO spam in the spam folder for over a week.  --- not even Chinese spam, which has come every single day for twenty years.  How can this be?

 

Aren't we funny creatures? When this happened to me Showker, I immediately thought there MUST be something wrong with my email account, Master set me straight pretty quickly in that regard, then I got pissed off I wasn't getting my daily "kill spammers" fix, however, when the spam started gain, as it invaribly does, I got cranky 'bout that 'cause, I hate spammers....

(i) can't make up my mind if I like getting spam or not. I do know (for me) the ONLY thing (over 20+- yrs) that reduced my spam to 1 a week > month > 0, was, is SC☺️

No happy medium.

One thing, this won't answer your question Showker, but, in case you haven't, and if you're interested, it's worth checking the "breach status" of your email address - https://monitor.firefox.com/scan

Cheers!

G🦗H

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, three weeks now and zero spam.

Is there some spamcop in the sky that blocks addresses from getting spam?

did the big spam cartels somehow decide to remove my address because my articles about spam and cybercrime were getting shared so much?   ( https://www.facebook.com/safenetting/ )

Has my ISP blocked me from spam?   Other email works perfectly, and some small-time, bush-league spammers get through . . . like those annoying BitCoin Blackmailers ! 

But Chinese spam?  ZERO.   Ever since I started posting translations! 

Do you suppose the Chinese have the power to block ALL Chinese spam from a specific email address?  I still get it in all my other addresses!

A uge mystery

Fred

 

chinese_spammer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, showker said:

Nope, three weeks now and zero spam.

Is there some spamcop in the sky that blocks addresses from getting spam?

did the big spam cartels somehow decide to remove my address because my articles about spam and cybercrime were getting shared so much?   ( https://www.facebook.com/safenetting/ )

Has my ISP blocked me from spam?   Other email works perfectly, and some small-time, bush-league spammers get through . . . like those annoying BitCoin Blackmailers ! 

But Chinese spam?  ZERO.   Ever since I started posting translations! 

Do you suppose the Chinese have the power to block ALL Chinese spam from a specific email address?  I still get it in all my other addresses!

A uge mystery

Fred

I fathom that somehow they were tipped off to remove certain spam-traps from their database, yours included, but not the other addresses.

Just my thought...

Edited by RobiBue
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, showker said:

Has my ISP blocked me from spam? 

As RobiBue suggest for some reason your address may have removed from their database.  That would of course imply a though process on the part of the spammers.

Actions by your ISP is 'between you and your ISP'  Much to the puzzlement of my host/ISP  i have all email filters bypassed/turned off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 2:37 PM, Lking said:

As RobiBue suggest for some reason your address may have removed from their database.  That would of course imply a though process on the part of the spammers.

:) yeah, rule #3, but don't forget Russel's Corollary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an example I offer the spam posted on this spam fighting forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×