Jump to content
RobiBue

spam via VPN

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Now that's a new one to me!

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6558965774z4e9bfbe926ede8ccf1c336a6fb42d396z

I wasn't thinking much about it when I sent the report, but today I received the following reply from NordVPN abuse desk:

Quote

Thank you for informing us about possible violation of laws related to activities of one of our services' users. We take serious matter of the illegal actions and/ or crimes committed by abusively using our services.
NordVPN is a VPN service provider and offers shared IP addresses to its users.
Unfortunately, in this specific case we are not able to assist as it’s impossible for us to locate which user on the server is actually responsible for the violation, since we do not log user's activity or IP address.
Therefore we can not identify the user on the basis of this inquiry notice.
More about our Privacy policy (https://nordvpn.com/privacy-policy/).
Please don't hesitate to let us know should we be able to assist with something else.

well, internet privacy vs internet privacy.

ain't that swell...

Edited by RobiBue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, RobiBue said:

well, internet privacy vs internet privacy.

NordVPN 🤐🙄☹️

G🦗H read "internet privacy vs internet piracy"🙃

 

Edited by MIG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does depend on the VPN/PIA provider.  The service I use has contacted me a couple of times because of the level of activity between me and spamcop.net

On the other hand I am amused by the adds/weather from Huston or Washington DC depending where I connect.

When I first signed on, there was lots of discussion between us about them not tolerating any activity by me that took advantage of being hidden. Privacy was a different issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lking said:

It does depend on the VPN/PIA provider.  The service I use has contacted me a couple of times because of the level of activity between me and spamcop.net

On the other hand I am amused by the adds/weather from Huston or Washington DC depending where I connect.

When I first signed on, there was lots of discussion between us about them not tolerating any activity by me that took advantage of being hidden. Privacy was a different issue.

A lot of VPN problems are due to compromised accounts.
Seems there are a lot who won't run a Virus/Malware program
I use two, Windows defender and SpyHunter
Both can be a pain to set-up properly and they are always "updating", requiring watching!

Edited by petzl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petzl said:

problems are due to compromised accounts.
Seems there are a lot who won't run a Virus/Malware program

Same old problem with/without VPN. "Its just an email for aunt Mable"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, Lking said:

Same old problem with/without VPN. "Its just an email for aunt Mable"

By not running a  Virus/Malware program there is no way of knowing when/if your computer has been compromised
This is also now "smart TV", "smart phone". smart fridge and so-on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×