Delayed mail between sender and cesmail.net

I've been experiencing mail anomolies lately. Anyone else having this problem, or anyone recognize it? (My setup: Incoming mail addressed to my domain at a major shared-server hosting service is routed to Spamcop, then autoforwarded to my ISP mail address. Outgoing mail indicates my domain name, but actually goes out from my ISP's server)

A. Sunday a sender got mail back saying that my domain had no MX records, which I doubt was the case, since I haven't done anything regarding that.

B. Today I noticed that emails are arriving late. Even those from my hosting service. The delay seems to be between them (Verio, aka Rapidsite) and cesmail.net, which if I understand correctly is SpamCop.net. Some delays are just 20 minutes, but these are 4 and 5 hours (I think I've adjusted for GMT correctly). The mail proceeds to me virtually instantaneously after that point.

What's happening and who needs to fix it?

(Since I don't know which parts of the header might be sensitive, I've replaced most IP numbers etc with zeroes, and my email address with nonsense)

Received: from mail01c.rapidsite.net (000.000.000.000)

by mailgate.cesmail.net with SMTP; 12 Apr 2005 01:15:50 -0000

Received: from mail07b.vwh1.net (000.000.000.000)

by mail01c.rapidsite.net (RS ver 1.0.95vs) with SMTP id 3-0407291963

for <myname[at]mydomain.com>; Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:39:23 -0400 (EDT)

Received: from mail01e.rapidsite.net (000.000.000.00)

by mailgate2.cesmail.net with SMTP; 12 Apr 2005 01:01:09 -0000

Received: from mail07b.vwh1.net (000.000.000.000)

by mail01e.rapidsite.net (RS ver 1.0.95vs) with SMTP id 2-0490124897

for <mayname[at]mydomain.com>; Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:28:17 -0400 (EDT)

Here's the bounce message (identifying info deleted here, too); I'm not pasting the header because it's full of my correspondent's data.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at aux153.plano.net.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<myname[at]mydomain.com>:

000.00.00.00 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 451 Domain (mydomain.com) has no MX records

Giving up on 000.00.00.00.

I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

If more information will help, or if I'm posting in the wrong place, please let me know.

No data provided, so item 2 is pretty hard to make a guess. Item 1, in addition to the obliterated data, also fails to define "routed to SpamCop" .... If forwarded, then the issue is "there" ....???

Take a look at the "Glossary" found as a link in the Forum FAQ, read the entry for "Tracking URL" and provide one of these for the possibility of some real analysis. As far as the rejection e-mail, the data you chose to remove (and the header of the e-mail involved) is the data required to work up an answer (and as it really doesn't seem to be a SpamCop issue, perhaps move that query to the Lounge ..??)

then autoforwarded to my ISP mail address. Outgoing mail indicates my domain name, but actually goes out from my ISP's server)

What's happening and who needs to fix it?

26459[/snapback]

It pays to POP pop.spamcop.net directly as this removes or lessens the probability of other mailservers error

SpamCop email is more than likley to be faster than mail from your companies server so no need to forward there

By removing an unnecessary step it becomes easier to identify problems

Archived