Sign in to follow this  
pka

Held Mail

Hi

I've just opened an account :D and I've already got a huge amount of held mail - all spam!

Will it delete automatically after a while or do I have to do that manually?

Many thanks,

Julian

There are some pointers to be found within the Forum FAQ (please read before posting) that address issues of folders getting too large .. and more than one of these items contains discussion of the various delete modes/actions .... I'd suggest you start there ... There's even an entry "How I use ..." that would probably be helpful ...

You just make a ShortCut on your browser and auto report it with mouse if you wish (this feeds the SpamCop Blocklist or "SCBL"). other options are there also.

Make sure you click the MailHosts TAB and enter your email addresses which are now being sorted by SpamCop

the only email address you will ever need

If you choose to do nothing it will be auto-deleted after two weeks

Edited by Wazoo

If you choose to do nothing it will be auto-deleted after two weeks

26533[/snapback]

My Held Mail was up to almost 2,000 messages and the oldest was over 3 weeks old. I started manually deleting messages, which is a real time killer.

Is there a delete problem? or do I just need to be more patient?

Thanks.

Gary

I'm not sure I understand what appears to be a cycle of not caring about Held Mail for three weeks, and then suddenly caring about it again. It is rare for me not to touch my Held Mail Folder for more than a day.

I don't think I said I didn't care. I've been checking regularly for any messages that got held that shouldn't have. I've been traveling and working long hours and was hoping that automatic deletion would keep it trimmed to a reasonable number of messages.

So, is it supposed to be deleted after two weeks, and that's not working? Or is there some other algorithm at work?

So, is it supposed to be deleted after two weeks, and that's not working?

27723[/snapback]

That appears to be what's happening. :(