RobiBue

forum spam handling

9 hours ago, RobiBue said:

Apologies, but I do see a problem with that. I mean, this is a spam fighting forum, and if someone posts a question about a spam and the words include something that would be filtered, then the OP would have to wait until the admin frees it to the forum...

Just need to invoke a CAPCHA or what is 1+2 = or something similar
Anyone who can't work this out is not going to be a full quid
This forum is being destroyed by spammer static. Google can't search it efficiently and was a good anti-spam resource,

8 minutes ago, petzl said:

Just need to invoke a CAPCHA

we add one several months ago.  Sign out and then click the sign up button to see it.

2 hours ago, Lking said:

we add one several months ago.  Sign out and then click the sign up button to see it.

Not working it seems?

31 minutes ago, petzl said:

Not working it seems?

Nope, the capcha is not working.  I think it was only about two months ago that Richard increased the capcha challenge level.  Due to the typos and spaces, I don't think this is done by computer.  I think it is done by one or two humans.  If it is humans and you try to stop them with a capcha, you will  also stop legitimate forum users.

But then they have already developed AI on computers that can read any capcha more accurately than humans, so maybe it is a computer.  The "typos" as I call them appear to be when copying from a microsoft product where a space is sometimes added at the beginning or end.