i am trying to report continuous voluminous spam originating from AWS and the reports i have been sending are not being acted upon. ie the spam is still continuing and i would like to include the CERT or FIRST authorities in USA

I did find an email address info{AT}us-cert.gov and phishing-report{AT}us-cert.gov but i want to be doubly sure that this is the correct email address to send the report to.

can anyone please suggest the correct reporting email address to the proper authorities ?

What address are you sending Amazon abuse reports to? abuse@amazonaws.com/ec2-abuse@amazon.com? If you do it through SC, they devnull the report as that address (abuse@amazonaws.com) is disabled for reports, but manually reporting it to abuse@amazonaws.com/ec2-abuse@amazon.com generates a confirmation email.

Steve

On 8/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, Steve said:

What address are you sending Amazon abuse reports to? abusexamazonaws.com/ec2-abusexamazon.com? If you do it through SC, they devnull the report as that address (abusexamazonaws.com) is disabled for reports, but manually reporting it to abusexamazonaws.com/ec2-abusexamazon.com generates a confirmation email

Steve

I only got action by sending abuse reports to Amazons sales department. Explaining that abusexamazonaws.com have gone rouge!

Remove all @ symbols from email addies as spammer scan here for valid addresses (best is to use [AT]. I just put x over it)

18 minutes ago, petzl said:

Remove all @ symbols from email addies as spammer scan

Thanks [petzl.  I was in a rush this morning..

On 8/6/2019 at 11:27 AM, petzl said:

I only got action by sending abuse reports to Amazons sales department. Explaining that abusexamazonaws.com have gone rouge!

Remove all @ symbols from email addies as spammer scan here for valid addresses (best is to use [AT]. I just put x over it)

Found another address for AWS spoofing[AT]amazon[DOT]com
they want phishing message sent as attachment
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201489190
Got a phishing spam that is using AWS URL's
email address probably sold by Facebook
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6564692784zcf8bc46efe5fe75fafde0e89a94da795z

On 7/24/2019 at 8:41 PM, HeatherReid43 said:

I did find an email address info{AT}us-cert.gov and phishing-report{AT}us-cert.gov but i want to be doubly sure that this is the correct email address to send the report to.

Though, I believe you have some good addresses, I am not sure it will help.  After me seeing the joke of the do not call list for the past decade (more than the current administration), I would suspect that amazon.AWS thinks these addresses would be nothing more than an external rating system.  I do not believe they would actually stop the spam.  I use the SpamCop blocking list for that.  Each time you report, it feeds the algorithm behind the block list.

13 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

Though, I believe you have some good addresses, I am not sure it will help.  After me seeing the joke of the do not call list for the past decade (more than the current administration), I would suspect that amazon.AWS thinks these addresses would be nothing more than an external rating system.  I do not believe they would actually stop the spam.  I use the SpamCop blocking list for that.  Each time you report, it feeds the algorithm behind the block list.

AWS has a crime problem starting at it's abuse address, they seem in on it!
try here for latest abuse address
https://aws.amazon.com/security/report-suspicious-emails/

Edited by petzl