There was an error viewing the requested message.

When using the spamcop webmail interface and then clicking on a email message to view it, about 10% of the time I get the following error message instead of the requested email message:

"There was an error viewing the requested message."

And when this happens it usually returns focus to the wrong folder, too. (i.e. I will attempt to view a message in my Inbox, but I am returned to the Held Mail folder instead.)

Anyone else experiencing this?

The frequency of the times I incur this error has been increasing over the last couple of months to the point that it has become more than just an annoyance.

I use the latest version of Firefox on both Windows 2000 and XP.

PP

This problem appears to happen when SpamCop's implementation of horde/imp forgets what mailbox/Folder it's viewing, and appears to be independent of browser.

This happens fairly regularly to me also. I don't mind the "error" message too much, but returning the focus to the wrong folder drives me nuts.

When I asked about it some time ago, the answer I got was that it was probably due to a timeout - some server was not answering quickly enough, and the web server would give up on it.

I got those error last week, and it was produced by some unknown

char-set mails. (like subject with =37=7f=3f....xxx)

Currently, I deleted those emails, I don't know what it says, I don't

know what it is written from what language...

I just discarded it...

Archived