What is broken?

dra007

Wondering if I am the only one seing

Service Unavailable[/size]

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

when trying to log into www.spamcop.net, I was in the middle of reporting spam when the server went down 2 - 3 h ago and haven't been able to log on eversince!

Wondering if I am the only one seing

Service Unavailable[/size]

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

when trying to log into www.spamcop.net, I was in the middle of reporting spam when the server went down 2 - 3 h ago and haven't been able to log on eversince!

26858[/snapback]

I also get this :(

Using my uk machine or my server in the usa... about to try some other sources too.

Edit: not sure if this is related but since then I have had 8 spam messages, far more than normal for a short period of time!

Tom - www.mouselike.org

...Probably the same issue we've been discussing over in Slow response from SC.

26860[/snapback]

..well that may have been a sign something was getting flakey to start with,

but having even the Block Check (http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml) unavailable for hours must make it rather unpleasant for those who want to check why they are listed. I am surprized I am the first to report the problem, and only after I tryed getting there for hours.

I am surprized I am the first to report the problem, and only after I tryed getting there for hours.

26862[/snapback]

Same, I have been trying for about 2 hours if not more.. and then decided to come in here - would have thought it would be resolved by now.

I did get about 2 pages served about an hour back.. but it wouldnt let me sign in.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Ellen wrote in "news.spamcop.net":

-------------------

The system is down and we have people working on the problem. Unfortunately

I do not have an estimated time to repair.

If someone would propagate this to the forums I would appreciate it!

Ellen

SpamCop

-------------------

Best Regards

Lars Poulsen

DK

Was placed in the Announcements section, but thanks for the repeat.

26866[/snapback]

It must have only just been placed there as I had checked when I surfed in here.. just before I made my first post

Edit: might not be related but again I have just had two other bits of spam come in.. far far more in just these 3 hours than I generally have in about 3 days!

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Ellen wrote in "news.spamcop.net":

-------------------

The system is down and we have people working on the problem. Unfortunately

I do not have an estimated time to repair.

26864[/snapback]

Fortunately it seems to have just come back up -- for now.

I am surprized I am the first to report the problem, and only after I tryed getting there for hours.

At 0112 -5 GMT this morning, one user posted in the newsgroups that he could not log into Held Mail ... I replied to that post at 0345 -5 GMT, pointing out that there was no other traffic showing complaints. The next post in that thread at 0605 -5 GMT was from another user that said "no problem" at his end. Then at 1435 -5 GMT, another user posts into that thread, but stating that e-mail runs fine, it was just the reporting page that was down. I answered that (and a couple of other posts with);

The e-mail, nntp, and web-forum side of the house runs on JT's machines

over in Georgia.

The reporting side of the house is basically in California, running on

hardware supported by IronPort and Julian from his Washington State

chair, but with access nodes all over the world, the BL is also in

California with a number of mirrors in other locations.

Then at 1232 -5 GMT, a user posts an issue with no returns from e-mail submissions, but uses a really intuitive Subject line of "Massive pump & dumps" ... two more posts in that thread, the second mentioning that as of 1323 -5 GMT the reporting side was down.

Then at 1537 -5 GMT, there is a post about "Service Unavailable" .... There are now three more posts in the thread, to include my "where the services are located" post ...

Ellen placed her system status post at 1612 -5 GMT

I walked into the house at about 1615 ... see a verifying addition post here about HeldMail issues, but then reading the post, it's the reporting side of the house that's down ... so I go to the newsgroups to see if that status has reached the massive complaint stage yet (see above)

placed a copy of Ellen's post into the announcements section at 1625 -5 GMT ....

I'm actually pretty shocked myself at the lack of traffic that this outage has caused. In the past, one would see an easy hundreds of posts in the newsgroups from folks that posted-before-reading.

I typed too soon -- the SERVER is up now but the reporting service is down. It's displaying a "Spamcop down for maintenance" message.

And this would indicate that IronPort staff are kicking some hardware ....

Ellen's newsgroup post at 1819 -5 GMT was added to the Announcements posting here (happened while I was out on a cigarette/gas/grocery run) ... http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamstats shows the outage and recovery ....

26882[/snapback]

Whatever it was, some data appears to have been lost all recent parses from today before the outage are returning "No data found" for me right now. I have not tried any older ones, however. Perhaps a bad disk?

Archived