Wrong protocol type inome mails popped from Yahoo

SpamCop is popping all my Yahoo mail to my SpamCop account.

For some time (over a year), i've received mails from Hewlett Packard to my Yahoo account, but when read from my SpamCop account, all link references is missing the h in http:// so neighter links nor images is working, because they all starts with "ttp://" only.

I do not receive anything else to my Yahoo account, other than spam, which is, of cause, catched at put in my held mail folder on SpamCop.

I receive the same HP newsletter at work, and here it is okay.

Today I received a mail from Yahoo Personals (I wonder why, but us probably an advertizement from Yahoo), but this also contains only ttp://

Have someone experienced this? Is there is failure in popping mails from Yahoo or could the fault be on the Yahoo side (I now leave mails on Yahoo to check this)?

Henrik

I also POP Yahoo into a spamcop.net account and have not seen this phenomenon, but I also do not use that account for any subscriptions. All email messages I receive there are text only and I have no easy way to generate an html email (which is probably where the problem is coming in).

Your first step to leave the message on yahoo is a good one, but I suspect if that were the case, there would have been lots of complaints to yahoo.

I have sent a test message to my yahoo account but as mentioned, it is just a text only emailer with a link typed in. If you can generate html email with a link (<A HREF=http://www.yahoo.com>Yahoo!</A>) you can send me a test with the subject "Yahoo Test" (in case it gets held) to my account (same username as here).

Thank you for your help.

I was only able to send you a HTML formatted e-mail with a different homepage newsletter and a different link. I also sent it BCC to myself (my own Yahoo account), but the link and image seems okay when popped by SpamCop.

I wonder that is trigging it.

Henrik

The site you sent also looked OK when it got to me but that could be because of being resent. If that is not the one causing the problem, it might not have answered any questions. Another way to monitor this, which mght be more helpful, would be to have spamcop POP the account but leave the original in place. That way we would have both copies to access and see what is going on. Also, if you then POP spamcop, leaving the messages on spamcop as well might help, so we can see any changes all the way through.

I also subscribe to a couple HP newsletters, though not through yahoo. Which one are you having trouble with?

P.S. Thinking this was another issue I was helping with here, I tried signing up for that newsletter and found it is a topica site, which I have had bad experiences with. Even that signup brought at least 4 additional pages of "additional offers" they thought I could not do without, before closing the window. The good thing is they do send a verification (which I will not respond to) so hopefully I am not signed up for any other lists.

I couldn't send you the site newsletter causing problems, except forwarding the one I received. What I was trying to accomplish was to see if the one I've sent through Yahoo would do the same. The newsletter is called "HP Technology at work" - which is the one giving me troubles - and is sent once a month, so I'll have to wait until they send the next newsletter. I receive it on Yahoo because HP mailed me to say that they would not send to SpamCop for some strange reason, because they discovered bounce problems in general, as I recall it.

I receive other HP newsletters, but not through Yahoo, and they haven't got the problem.

I do not pop from SpamCop. I am using IMAP so the mails are not extracted from SpamCop, but in read on SpamCop using Microsoft Outlook 2000

I am using Topica for our mailinglist. I'm not sure what experiences you refer to, but they constantly update their system, so maybe they have fixed that now. The thing about "additional offers" is still there. This is because it is a free service, but they can just be closed. They arrive after you have signed up. If you do not respond you will not be subscribed. Topica is very much against spam and makes a lot of effort to prevent people from spamming using Topica. That's why I use it. But again, it's not the newsletter giving me problems.

Laughing so hard I spilled my tea ... Thanks, I needed that <g>

26953[/snapback]

Glad I could be of service :D I haven't experienced any spam from them and ´to me it seems they make it hard to subscribe people, even though they have accepted, so I find it hard to spam. But it seems i'm wrong <_<

Do you know about a mailinglist provider where spamming is "impossible" and that is easy to use? I want to be able to send HTML messages.

Henrik

Archived