Jump to content
Steve

No reporting addresses found for 203.188.252.24?

Recommended Posts

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6566177613zbe9f03927879099214d104a432d8c2c0z

But wait...

Tracking message source: 203.188.252.24:

Routing details for 203.188.252.24
[refresh/show] Cached whois for 203.188.252.24 : faruque@bangla.net
info@bangla.net bounces (10 sent : 6 bounces)
Using best contacts

 

I even tried refreshing but will it will not update.

 

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What constitutes a "bounce" in this context isn't always apparent to a volunteer such as myself. It could be anything, such as  a dead email address, a full inbox or auto replies that have, for some reason, been counted as a bounce.

As for why the reporting address didn't update, it's likely that whoever is responsible for updating reporting addresses in the database(s) Spamcop consults hasn't made any changes for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 5:34 PM, Steve said:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6566177613zbe9f03927879099214d104a432d8c2c0z

But wait...

Tracking message source: 203.188.252.24:

Routing details for 203.188.252.24
[refresh/show] Cached whois for 203.188.252.24 : faruque@bangla.net
info@bangla.net bounces (10 sent : 6 bounces)
Using best contacts

 

I even tried refreshing but will it will not update.

 

Steve

 

nayon.isnpAT[bangla.net.bd seems is the correct address

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petzl said:

nayon.isnpAT[bangla.net.bd seems is the correct address

Interesting that the cached whois says it is from the mirror and the format of it is slightly different.  Also interesting that APNIC and RIPE seem to have abandoned the separate abuse handle in favor of the following line:

% Abuse contact for '203.188.252.0 - 203.188.252.255' is 'nayon.isn@bangla.net.bd'

If I recall correctly, everyone used to use something similar to the following:

OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@example.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gnarlymarley said:

Interesting that the cached whois says it is from the mirror and the format of it is slightly different.  Also interesting that APNIC and RIPE seem to have abandoned the separate abuse handle in favor of the following line:

If I recall correctly, everyone used to use something similar to the following:


OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@example.com

 Used to be postmaster@ then as that address spammed to oblivion became abuse@ that also is now spammed to oblivion,
when abuse.net can't find a abuse address they use abuse@ as default. Wish SpamCop would stop using Abuse.net

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×