Problems working with held mail folder

dbiel

Spamcop does a good job for me in filtering out spam and placing in into the held mail folder.

I find the view format presented when you click on the held mail icon to be difficult to use (but it does work)

I prefer using the normal mail view and click on the held mail folder which will display the first page of messages.

It you try to advance to the next page it bounces me back to my in box.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you

Spamcop does a good job for me in filtering out spam and placing in into the held mail folder.

I find the view format presented which you click on the held mail icon to be difficult to use (but it does work)

I prefer using the normal mail view and click on the held mail folder witch will dispaly the first page of messages.

It you try to advance to the next page it bounces me back to my in box.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you

dbiel,

This sounds like a browser issue on your end. Simply because it actually works for everybody else.

Check anything having to do with cookies on your system. You need to make sure you're allowing cookies for spamcop.net and that your web browser, cookie blocker, or personal firewall isn't interfering in some way.

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you.

JT

I have tested it several times with changing the cookie settings but the problem still exists.

But the work arround of changing the number of messages per page has solved the problem for me and is a very workable solution.

I changed the setting to 500 messages per page and since I empty the held mail daily it is alway displayed on a single page.

I scan my held messages in the standard mail window (I believe you call it VER) by using the drop down box to change from my INBOX to HELD MAIL.

I then identify any mail that does not belong in the held mail. Then I transfer to the Held Mail window and send the mail for quicking reporting and off to the trash can.

It would be easier if one were able to quick report and trash from the VER window

I hope that this might be on your long to do list.

Thanks for the support

PS before you it is already there, I should mention that there is a action "report as spam" which attempts to report it and also sends it to the trash, that is you receive an acknowledgement that it has happened, but the message remain in the held mail and error messages are sent to the inbox stating that:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Going back to the mail held window (not VER) you can check the box "queue for reporting (and move to trash)" which works fine, going to the spam queue the report works just fine

If you are in the INBOX "report as spam" does seem to work and the messages are deleted from the INBOX. The report does not get queued so I assume that it goes for quick reporting only, not sure if that a is correct assumption or not.

Simply stated, I find it very difficult to scan through messages in the held mail window and information wraps around rather than being viewed in columns as in the VER window.

I think you have your description of VER wrong.

VER is http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog and can be accessed by clicking on the Held Mail icon at the top center (between Address Book and Report spam) of the webmail application.

Using the pulldown at the top right of the webmail application to reach Held Mail is actually showing the held mail folder inside of webmail.

And I don't know why it does not work for you. All methods work for me. The "Report as spam" link at the top of the message list does indeed do a quick report. You can also use the Forward link to forward to your submit address for full reporting. I do get an error every once in a while (maybe once a week) where all 10 (which I do at a time) do not leave the Held Mail folder and eventually I receive 10 error messages. But reselecting and "Report as spam" always works for me. Depending on how many you are trying to do at once, there may be a timeout that is occuring, causing you problems. I set my account to show 10 on a page because then I usually do not hve to scroll down to see all messages and I find I am less likely to miss something.

Hope this helps.

It looks like I have my terms backwards.

If I understand you correctly

VER = held mail which is accessable from several screens including the standard Spamcop Reporting Screen as well as the INBOX (Check Mail) screen by clicking on Held Mail

That screen works perfectly for me

I am not sure what you call the Check Mail screen my guess is that it is the "hoard imp" mail screen which was originally set up to work with the INBOX but I understand has recently been provided with a link to the HeldMail and Trash folders via a dropdown box on the far right hand side of the screen.

It is which I am in the held mail for that window that I am having problems.

Sorry about my lack of understanding.

Archived