Microsoft, Massachusetts target spammers in lawsui

turetzsr

...Microsoft, Massachusetts target spammers in lawsuit.

...Excerpts:

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Massachusetts Attorney General Tom Reilly filed suit on Wednesday against an Internet spam ring operating near Boston, using information obtained by Microsoft Corp. in its fight against unsolicited e-mail touting everything from miracle drugs to get-rich-quick schemes.

"The most important thing is that we're asking a court today to shut them down to prevent any further victims," Reilly told reporters at a news conference in Boston.

<snip>

Leo Kuvayev was named as the leader of the spam group and the suit said his operation worked out of Boston and Russia. He was not immediately available for comment.

<snip>

...Microsoft, Massachusetts target spammers in lawsuit.

...Excerpts:

27902[/snapback]

Confirms my view that one should NEVER accept the email address your ISP dumps on you (And demand a discount for not having one)

The only reason spammers spam is because ISP's do nothing to stop them. In fact they encourage them. If spammers could not get through to your inbox they would have no point in trying

A Hotmail account is very good option because Microsoft hunt them down with intentions to take what money they have and then jail them. Hotmail also offer a very effective spam filter and a whitelist (which overrides all black/blocklist's)

Of course a SpamCop email address is the only address you will ever need. SpamCop accurately put only legit email in your inbox and spam in a Very EasyReporting (VER) folder. ISP's of course delete legit email and only allow spam in the email folder they compulsory give you (It's NOT free! You and your milked bank account are what pay for it)

That said one should be a bit cautious whith handing out your main address and use a Free Hotmail account as first contact always with a Hard_2_guess<AT>hotmail<DOT>com logon (eight Alphanumerical or better)

I just can't wait for the mortgage offer guys to get nailed. You know, the ones that have your name, and an old address? (about 4-5 years ago). I mean, c'mon guys, "your mortgage at 100 west main st, apt 1, you're paying $497 too much..." it was an apartment.

Haven't been following NANAE, anyone actually know if this is a known group or 'famous' spammer?

I just can't wait for the mortgage offer guys to get nailed.  You know, the ones that have your name, and an old address? (about 4-5 years ago).  I mean, c'mon guys, "your mortgage at 100 west main st, apt 1, you're paying $497 too much..."  it was an apartment.

28010[/snapback]

I have one at home for a state I never lived in (there is a thread around here somewhere...search for sanford). I also can refinance the building I work in as I get that offer at work ;)

Archived