No Data Found

Shoo

I really want to be part of the solution by reporting spam so the message can get back to the hosts.  However, I am trying to use the single box submit method, and copy the entire message source and paste it in that box.  When I click the "Process spam" box, I get a "No Data Found" message.  I have also tried the " outlook/Eudora workaround form", but without success there either.  When I view the message source, I'm not sure where the header ends and the "decoded email body" starts.  I have tried multiple selections of the message source pasted into the two boxes and I still get a "No Data Found" message.

4 hours ago, Shoo said:

When I view the message source, I'm not sure where the header ends and the "decoded email body" starts. 

The header end with the first blank line.

Reply-To: "Lisette Neira" <reply_lozwwn_esqpwiya_o@cp20.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html;charset=Windows-1252
X-Brightmail-Tracker: AAAABgr/Be80R5mPNEkVeDRJFXE0SOroNEkVdw==
X-Brightmail-Tracker: H4sIAAAAAAAAA+NgFtrNqMTGxcIABLo3o6bFGiyYxWmx78B3FgdGj+Mv3jMFMEZx+OWXKAQXJOYmcGT07L7AVsBQAaIaGBlWMcrnlpYbFmckFpckJhYVpxelpuYVFOWn6JblGoCA0SZGqOE7GLdflDnFKCklzpsQMS1WSKAYaGBGaV5JalF8UWlOavErRnEORiVh3pkgWZ7MvJLizHSYjAQHk5IIr03U5FghXqBNCCmpBkar1Lv51bzrtwc9u+OfzT/fM680kaG/U3mraYz/EqZ3R+Lm7JNg6z909lqu7TtluzYj7wkXZ2S/S07ieFe/33L7Lc8mpwJZu5uyYYEu2nEqOvx+s3/0eu4qvc/QKeJ55GLw3QsTfmavV5X5LLAnUPSUnMmPHfqnuOeHnv9xwYLDaMKWtwxKHkosQO8bajEXFScCAMcuQddOAQAA

<!-- X-Campaign: 38293016/84269892/21719015952 -->
<style> .dvPreheader { display: none !important; mso-hide: all; }</style><div class="dvPreheader" style="display: none !important; mso-hide:all;">This month's sample of our top talent currently available for new opportunities. Contact me today to learn more.</div>

Sorry to say I'm giving up for now.  I have spent so many hours trying to configure my mailhost...just one...and I cannot even accomplish that.  It seems that the problem might be that I am using Hotmail/outlook which is not working well with SpamCop.  I cannot figure out all the workarounds and configurations.  So sorry I cannot be part of the solution.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, Shoo said:

I get a "No Data Found" message. 

I don't think that configuration of you mailhost is the cause of that problem.  From your OP I take it that you are using the SC web form to submit.  What mail application are you using to get the spam?  Some do not give you the header without modification, which causes the reported problem.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:07 AM, Shoo said:

I have tried multiple selections of the message source pasted into the two boxes and I still get a "No Data Found" message.

I got that a few times too. I refreshed and sometimes it took as many as 4-6 attempts but it eventually worked. Something was wrong but it wasn’t my ability to copy/paste :)

On 10/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, Lking said:

I don't think that configuration of you mailhost is the cause of that problem.  From your OP I take it that you are using the SC web form to submit.  What mail application are you using to get the spam?  Some do not give you the header without modification, which causes the reported problem.

I am using Hotmail...aka web version of Outlook.

the problem with hotmail/live.outlook/microsoft is that when you copy/paste you have an extra CR/LF (empty line) between each line and that disrupts the parser.

i.e. I have this:

1732775898_Screenshot_2019-10-08Mail-Robi--Outlook.png.4b921339f01a4c90f803475da06769a9.png

which ends up looing like this in notepad:

Received: from BN3NAM04HT167.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com

(2603:10b6:406:80::21) by BN8PR14MB3108.namprd14.prod.outlook.com with HTTPS

via BN7PR06CA0008.NAMPRD06.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:12:07 +0000

Received: from BN3NAM04FT064.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com

(10.152.92.54) by BN3NAM04HT167.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com

(10.152.93.177) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,

cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.2327.20; Tue, 8 Oct

2019 17:12:07 +0000

at least that's what I get, an empty line between each line

see https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6579716938z8475af47adf145b28b287648c1133132z

1 hour ago, Shoo said:

So potentially....if I paste into notepad first and remove the extra CRLF, then copy and paste into the form it might work?

In principle, yes, but to save time only remove the empty lines in the header, leaving however many empty lines there are after the header part intact including, as Lking said, the required blank line at the end of the header.

I hope this makes sense... ;) 

I believe the reason for the empty lines is *nix (Unix, Linux, etc...) to windows conversion, where *nix is LF and windows is CR/LF where one line converts to an extra CR so LF ends up being CR/LF —> CR/CR 

CR=carriage return, LF=line feed

somehow Microsoft still has problems converting them correctly 🤫🤓😫 (after 40 or so years of experience...)

Wikipedia (issues with different new-line formats)