Spam forwarding asks if i have forgotten password

mattgrant

I haven't used spamcop for a while now as i got fed up cutting and pasting. I have now decided to start using it again. I can log into my spamcop account no problem.

When I forward a spam email as an attachment, and click on the link that get's sent back, it says error 401 and takes me to this page http://www.spamcop.net/denied.shtml which asks me if I have forgotten my password.

What is going on? How can i actually complete my spam reports? Last time i checked I still had over 14Mb of spam reporting left in my account.

Regards,

Matt

You didn't define "haven't used it for a while" ... do you use cookies anywhere in your relationship with SpamCop? There may be an issue there if you've been "gone" for a long while.

I understand your words to say that you logon with no problem .. so what happens if you do a cut / paste from that page? Just to start ruling things out .

If all that works, then from your description, there's an issue with the address you're using to forward your e-mail complaints. Is it possible that the link you're using is one of those that got clobbered by the last major Windows Patch/Security updates?

Haven't used it for a while, probably means anything up to a year as far a as i can remember.

I have just reprted a spam by pasting it into the spamcop web page, and have also just reported the saved one that I had forwarded, but only from doing it on the webpage.

The only thing I can think of regarding my email address is, the address i signed up with is spamcop at myemaildomainname. The email address i have on my outlook express is matt at myemaildomainname

The querying of the address would be the address you used to "forward your e-mail to SpamCop to report the spam" ... this could normally contain your SpamCop identifcation stuff, account, password, magic code ... whatever ...

The last Windows update thing killed off the function of somesite.url]http://username;password[at]somesite.url .... this is the link I was guessing at that you may have floating around for your "submit by e-mail" address ...

When you login to the website (www, members, or mailsc followed by spamcop.net), you will be presented with a line that starts with something like "Forward your spam to: submit.16charANcodeNMBR[at]spam.spamcop.net". Please try to do that (using the address on the screen rather than the one stored in your email software). Thanks!

Archived