"spam" from Spamcop

Derek T

Ironically, almost all the spam I now receive is from this forum: or rather, they notifications about posts in this forum! Obviously, I have a setting somewhere that tells the board to email me about new postings, but all of those postings are now spam. It used to be useful but now  I'd like to turn off email notifications for this forum. Where and how, please?

This post was moved from "Blocklist Help"

3 hours ago, Derek T said:

Ironically, almost all the spam I now receive is from this forum: or rather, they notifications about posts in this forum!

Not to quibble over definitions, but given you participation over the last 15 years, the notifications are not spam.

If you would like to change your notification choices you can make changes by:

1. Click on your account name in the upper right hand corner of this screen
  2. In the drop down menu, click on <Account Settings>
  3. In the Settings screen,  in the right hand column click on <notification settings>
  4. On he Notification Settings screen, there are several options you can select or not
  5. After making you selections be sure to click the <Save> button located near the bottom center of the screen.

I hope this has been helpful.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, Lking said:

Not to quibble over definitions, but given you participation over the last 15 years, the notifications are not spam.

I suspect that on https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/125.html, this is the part you are talking about: "If the recipient agreed to receive it, then it is not spam."  Even though the content of them is unwanted, unsolicited, and bulk, the notifications from the forum for legitamite posts might be desired and therefore the all notifications are not spam.