Popgate having problems authenticating

Recently (about two days) I have noted that my hotmail account is no longer popped and forwarded. Looking at the options in the webmail, I noticed that the password has vanished from the setup. After re-typing it and saving the password, popgate encoutered errors with every log in attempt. Has something changed with hotmail that stops or prevents the popgate protocol? It has worked for longer than a year with that account, so well that I hardly had to log into my hotmail account unless I wanted to report the junkmail folder held e-mail!! :angry:

You're either the very first to notice or the only one with the issue at this point ..

Noting that you didn't actually say that you could log into the account yourself at this point in time ...????

Actually I had it in my mind to say it but didn't, that's how I found out that the e-mail was not popped. I logged myself into the hotmail a few times and thought it was odd the same mail stayed there for a long time. Prior to this problem the e-mail was popped and moved to the hotmail trash folder, then forwarded to another one of my e-mail for reporting, since it was for the most part spam.

I did some more research. Typing hotmail.com into the address of IE takes me to:

http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?lc=1033&id=2&vv=30

with the options of typing e-mail and PW everytime, saving PW or saving both on my computer. I tried them all with the same e-mail and PW saved in the webmail for popgate. They all seem to work fine at my end, which is all the more puzzling why popgate continues to get invalid password. What gives? :angry:

In the past, it has taken up to half an hour for a change in POP Configuration to take effect, but you have now waited longer than that. None of my POP Confugration Entries are currently showing anything but "Error Count: 0" and "Last Error: None", including six at MSN Hotmail, and nothing has built up in those six MSN Hotmail accounts' Inboxes, only in their Deleted Items Folders. In other words, I'm not having the same problem, but I have notified JT.

Thanks, it's still not working here. Since the change I have had 15 invalid password calls. Never had problems with this e-mail account, so something different must happen on log on of popgate, perhaps a timed out login or the like?

Thus far, you're all alone with this problem. Jeff G. says he's already notified JT, so not sure what else to offer ... just no traffic in the newsgroups, no one else chiming in here ..????

Wazoo, I have reset the options several times now and keep getting the draded Invalid Password error. I have no problem logging into that account with the same parameters. I tried logging off the hotmail thinking being logged on at the same time cesmail pops the account might interfere with the process. I succesfully forwarded e-mail from the hotmail account to my spamcop.net, no problem there, but I am not sure if I could process the spam forwarded in that manner.

Hotmail does have a feature now to view the unadulterated source and report it after a simple cut and paste, however the whole purpose of cesmail.pop was to avoid this kind of lengthy an cumbersome one by one reporting. I am still surprized no one has seen this. If that is the case, a simple refresh by the deputies of my account might solve this issue.

The catch is the the Deputies don't have access to JT's servers, they deal with Julian's/IronPorts reporting side of the system. Thus far, I think I keep seeing that you "tried to reset the options" ... let's go with your "refresh" mode .. can you / have you taken the HotMail account out of your list of other systems, let some time go by, then re-add the HotMail account back in as a 'new' external account ..??? You may have done this, but taking your words literally, I don't quite see this action having been attempted.

While you wait for JT to look into this issue (you have emailed him, haven't you?), please try using OE or Outlook to copy the spam en masse to your Held Mail mailbox/Folder. Thanks!

Glad to hear I am not alone seeing this. The problem is with hotmail, all other mail including yahoo pops and forwards normally. I did report manually some of the aggregious hotmail spam, but I am anxiously awaiting a resolution of this problem. Now that there are at least two cases, is it possible that msn has blocked cesmail access to hotmail popping?

PS. I don't have JT e-mail, but wazoo said he was notified...Thanks!

I succesfully forwarded e-mail from the hotmail account to my spamcop.net, no problem there, but I am not sure if I could process the spam forwarded in that manner.

28545[/snapback]

I'm not going to address your main issue because that seems to be covered (though not yet resolved).

I don't have a hotmail account but does the message show up from this forward with your name and address as the sender? If so then you should not parse the resulting message. If the original sender shows up (other services call this a redirect) then you could try a parse and see where the resulting reprt wold go.

If you are talking about having hotmail forward every message automatically to another account, the original sender probably remains and parsing probably works.

Good luck.

I succesfully forwarded e-mail from the hotmail account to my spamcop.net, no problem there, but I am not sure if I could process the spam forwarded in that manner.

28545[/snapback]

No, that would not work.

Yes, you cannot forward as attachment from hotmail, that is why I did not try to parse, in fact forwarding also stamps the content with your signiture...There is a new feature that allows you to view the source which can be cut and pasted in the parsing window. I reported some spam that way, but I get too much of it to make that a workable solution in the long run...

Now that there are at least two cases, is it possible that msn has blocked cesmail access to hotmail popping?

28561[/snapback]

No, because mine is working just fine (all Error Counts <= 1).
PS. I don't have JT e-mail

28561[/snapback]

support<at>spamcop.net
wazoo said he was notified

28561[/snapback]

Nah, I did that.

58  more Invalid password  entries since this morning... Was hoping to have this issue addressed by now..

28595[/snapback]

dra007: Beyond complain in here to people who can not help you, what have you tried to do to solve this?

Have you contacted JT directly? Since not everyone is having the problem, you should probably contact him yourself. I know I emailed him at 9:30 last night on another issue and got a response back before midnight.

No complains here, if only I and Merlyn have this issue then we have to wait for someone to look injto it individually...If it's more widespread then we still have to know if it is fixable..Thought bringing this up might benefit everyone in the long run...

Regardless, I don't know JT, never communicated directly with JT, did not even know at first which of the deputies would handdle this issue..

Archived