authorization code

piscator

My authorization codes have recently been working for only one or reports, then I get a message that the code is no longer valid:

Reports have already been sent.

No userid found

Your authorization code is invalid. Please obtain a new authorization code.

I re-do the code, but it continues to last for only one or two reports, then I get the same error message. Does anyone know the reason for this? It is quite frustrating. I never had any problems like this until the last few days.

New code also means a new cookie is needed to go along with it ... you need to delete existing SpamCop cookies, then start anew with the most recent authorization code ...

as you did not specify, all this is premised on you using a "free" account ..

If the cookie thing works for you, at the web page for pasting in your spam, there's an "upgrade your account" notice at the top of that screen that will take to to an easy way to spend your money <g> ...... oh yeah, and support a geat cause!

I still have the issue that my authorization code becomes invalid after one or two reports of spam.  Can anyone tell me why this happens?  It is frustrating; I wouldn't mind having a paid account, but I wouldn't want this to continue happening. :D

This is a situation you should discuss with "service at admin.spamcop.net".

ok, here's the next possible thing .. how are you "submitting" your spam .. via the web-page paste-it-in form or are you doing it via the "quick" submittal via e-mail?

Was thinking that if you're submitting it via e-mail, and your ISP isn't liking the way the folllow-up note is coming to you, that note is getting bounced, thus getting your SpamCop account whacked ...??? (ruling out a mistake in you inputting your e-mail address as you say you get new codes)

If it's via the paste-it-in-box, are you sure of what you're reporting? You may be reporting something against the rules, resulting in an output to "admin" (which recently became a bit more automated), and this is why you only get one or two chances.

If neither of the above sticks out, then follow JeffG's advice and see what they tell you ...

Archived