Unable to Register Mailhost

We recently upgraded our Proofpoint server and the names of the agents changed.  I dutifully updated the spamcop mailhost listing which worked for a month or so.  Lately, however, the parser is rejecting mails which pass through one of the Proofpoint agents.  I tried to update again but I am informed that:

The email sample you submitted for scarville@lereta.com
appears to traverse more than one domain.  
Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.

The Proofpoint agents are named scapp04.lereta.net and scapp05.lereta.net whereas the MX is mx02.lereta.com so I guess the confusion is understandable.  How can I work around this?

We also have about 18 exchange servers though I am pretty sure only about three or four actually receive mail.  Will each one of these need to be validated separately?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, Phineas Fudrucker said:

The Proofpoint agents are named scapp04.lereta.net and scapp05.lereta.net whereas the MX is mx02.lereta.com so I guess the confusion is understandable.  How can I work around this?

It also might take the email address in each received line and try to compare it.  If your ISP adds something like .local to the host that might be something that could make the parser think it is a completely different domain/email address.  Might be able to make sure that email is the same for every received line.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, Phineas Fudrucker said:

I may have found a solution.

We can hope your solution works.