Exploring other avenues for reporting spam

LaserMoon

Hello,

I know SpamCop works by reporting spam to infrastructure providers (targeting the servers sending the emails and those hosting the resources linked to in the body of the emails).

A comment posted on this forum on July 16, 2020 suggested that spam sent from Germany can also be reported to allgemeiner-spam@internet-beschwerdestelle.de (+ another address for illegal content).

This got me thinking, what other avenues are there?

• Maybe a specific server provider uses a web form, not an email address (like Hetzner, in the linked thread, or Gmail).
  • Maybe a specific server provider won't accept reports from SpamCop, but will accept them if you send them yourself (AWS EC2).
  • Maybe a specific domain registrar will take action on a reported domain, if that domain is present in certain trusted blacklists.
  • Maybe more national governments have a dedicated email address where spam can be reported.
  • Maybe there is a GDPR avenue for servers hosted in some EU countries.

My question is, has anyone put together a guide for how to best target spam based on origin?

Edited by LaserMoon

6 hours ago, LaserMoon said:

My question is, has anyone put together a guide for how to best target spam based on origin?

Each country has a "Computer emergency response team" (CERT) which can override abuse desks. 
They often give a ISP a "hurry-up" order to get things fixed
https://www.first.org/members/teams/
The problem is a lot of these addresses are run by companies just for their company,
This creates confusion because many are not English and hard to differentiate between business and Government!

Edited by petzl