spam email source code freezes the web form on Google Chrome

Hello,

I have an email sample that makes the SpamCop web form freeze (and crash) on Google Chrome as soon as the text is pasted in the form (Mozilla Firefox doesn't have this issue, but Chromium-based Microsoft Edge does).

By the looks of it, it has to do with specially-crafted HTML attributes. (Does SpamCop try to to any client-side parsing, other than to check the length?)

Is there a technical contact where I can send the file for analysis?

Thanks.

Edited by LaserMoon

4 hours ago, LaserMoon said:

Hello,

I have an email sample that makes the SpamCop web form freeze (and crash) on Google Chrome as soon as the text is pasted in the form (Mozilla Firefox doesn't have this issue, but Chromium-based Microsoft Edge does).

By the looks of it, it has to do with specially-crafted HTML attributes. (Does SpamCop try to to any client-side parsing, other than to check the length?)

Is there a technical contact where I can send the file for analysis?

Thanks.

Probably email is too large, learn to truncate below the spam headers
look at the bottom of spam shown in link below for word "Truncated"
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6643015246zbc86c5610081722fba5bae72dba9b145z;action=display

Edited by petzl

No, that's not it. The filesize is 48K.

I'm attaching just that part of the email that is sufficient to cause Chrome to freeze.

It's a single line with more than 30 thousand characters. Pasting it in other textareas on other websites doesn't freeze Chrome, though.

html.txt