blank e-mails from the same "providers"

latesunday

Disclaimer: Please have patience as I'm not all that tech-savvy. I mean to say - well - I was an English major.

So, lately (last week or two) I've been getting, in addition to the usual spam, blank e-mails. No subject, no body. And they all seem to be coming from [some random name][at]yebox.com or [some random name][at]didamail.com

I Googled this and got nothing. Any insight as to what this is, what it's caused by, etc? Also, I want to be sure I use SpamCop correctly, and I know a crux of that is to be sure the spam I'm reporting is actually spam. The funny thing is, I have no idea if this is spam.

I need to get back outside, but .... the Forum search engine doesn't like 3-letters or less search criteria, so try the "Search For-->" line at the top of the Forum page .... use "no body" (with quotation marks) ... and that should actually end up overwhelming you with previous hits in this Forum dealing with e-mails with "no body" .... the catch is, "we" don't know what tools you are using ... so worst case, I did up an entry in the "How to Use ... Reporting" Forum that attempts to talk about e-mail content, display, and handling ... i.e., some "blank e-mails" aren't actually "blank" .. write-up was focused on OE, but principles apply all over ...

I need to get back outside, but .... the Forum search engine doesn't like 3-letters or less search criteria, so try the "Search For-->" line at the top of the Forum page .... use "no body" (with quotation marks) ... and that should actually end up overwhelming you with previous hits in this Forum dealing with e-mails with "no body" .... the catch is, "we" don't know what tools you are using ... so worst case, I did up an entry in the "How to Use ... Reporting" Forum that attempts to talk about e-mail content, display, and handling ... i.e., some "blank e-mails" aren't actually "blank" .. write-up was focused on OE, but principles apply all over ...

29661[/snapback]

Thanks so much - I'll do some reading and see what's what. You folks do an amazing job of covering a range of topics, apologies for starting a potentially redundant threat.

Thanks again!

-latesunday

Disclaimer: Please have patience as I'm not all that tech-savvy. I mean to say - well - I was an English major.

So, lately (last week or two) I've been getting, in addition to the usual spam, blank e-mails. No subject, no body. And they all seem to be coming from [some random name][at]yebox.com or [some random name][at]didamail.com

I Googled this and got nothing. Any insight as to what this is, what it's caused by, etc? Also, I want to be sure I use SpamCop correctly, and I know a crux of that is to be sure the spam I'm reporting is actually spam. The funny thing is, I have no idea if this is spam.

29644[/snapback]

It's spam you don't want it you don't know who sent it

When you paste headers just put/add in body "NO BODY IN spam"

SpamWare is pretty crippled and often for one reason or another falls over when using a hacked computer that a provider dosen't care about

Archived