Reporting spam sent to Hotmail: SC wrongly indicates internal Hotmail IPv6 IPs as the source

LaserMoon

26 minutes ago, LaserMoon said:

Hello,

When I report spam sent to Hotmail addresses, SpamCop wrongly indicates one of the internal Hotmail IPv6 IPs as the source.

Where can I report situations like this to help improve SpamCop?

Can you provide a SpamCop Tracking URL?
I don't believe Hotmail provides a source IP, just the IP of their own email server.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:01 AM, LaserMoon said:

When I report spam sent to Hotmail addresses, SpamCop wrongly indicates one of the internal Hotmail IPv6 IPs as the source.

You can try reporting to deputies[at]admin[dot]spamcop[dot]net, or by requesting a feature in the New feature forum.  Many have mentioned a similar problem in the past Microsoft mailhosts missing IP addresses.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:30 AM, petzl said:

I don't believe Hotmail provides a source IP, just the IP of their own email server.

LaserMoon, I believe the issue to be that microsoft opened themselves up to using around 5,192,296,858,534,827,628,530,496,329,220,096 IP addresses when they moved to using IPv6 public addresses and spamcop might not be able to store them all.