Spamcop says email possible forgery

denby

Hi - I get alot of these emails.  I don;'t know how they are actually getting to my email inbox, but they have wierd from addresses.

I believe this is the report ID

https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gettrack&reportid=7080114668

They usually have something like this in them for a email address:   Mailing-list: list dlongnecker@eqjplah.komana.life; contact       sometimes its .life and other times it something else.

Any suggestions on how to stop them?

Dennis

@denbyhank you for trying to provide a  Tracking URL.  The Report id can only be seen by you.  The Tracking URL can be found either in the at the top of the reporting page or in the email notification received from SC if you submitted the spam as an attachment. an example would look like

SpamCop v 5.2.0 © 2020 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6647396719z1c85af8ff1b35c113afc617dde926bb5z

That is much better

If reported today, reports would be sent to:

Re: 2a00:1450:4864:20:0:0:0:346 (Administrator of network where email originates)

network-abuse@google.com

At the bottom of the report is the bad news. "Report would be sent to network-abuse{AT}google{DOT}com"  If you do a local search (tool top right of each screen) you will find several related post about google frustration. If memory serves there are also several suggestions for additional actions you could take, with variable results.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, denby said:

I don;'t know how they are actually getting to my email inbox, but they have wierd from addresses.

Spammers use the unicode and base64 to try to hide from spam filters.  (Most spam filters can be plain text.)

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, denby said:

Any suggestions on how to stop them?

If your filtering can do regular expressions then you can look for UTF-8.  Some filtering programs will let you filter for the "raw" headers or the decoded headers.

I suspect this might be a mix, but I do see a UTF-8 in the middle.  Usually that start the unicode section.