[Resolved] Need Help with Reporting Please

leemedic

I use Outlook 2003 and get tons of spam each day. I have been trying to send my spam to spamcop (I am a paying member), and I quess I am not forwarding this correctly to spamcop using my Outlook.

Could someone walk me through this. I keep getting error messages sent back to me that (SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

)

What am I doing wrong... please... I am so tired of this spam.

Please note that, unless you are using Outlook to access an Exchange Server, you can switch to Outlook Express for email handling, which would provide you with much better compatibility with SpamCop, as well as a very short learning curve. You can keep using Outlook for calendaring/scheduling.

Please note that, unless you are using Outlook to access an Exchange Server, you can switch to Outlook Express for email handling, which would provide you with much better compatibility with SpamCop, as well as a very short learning curve.  You can keep using Outlook for calendaring/scheduling.

29892[/snapback]

Even if you use an Exchange Server, you might be able to use Outlook Express for SpamCop reporting if your administrator has enabled IMAP access to the Exchange Server in addition to MAPI access.

In my experience, using Outlook Express ("Forward as Attachment" method) yields more satisfactory results than the Outlook work-around web form or any of the Outlook reporting plug-ins, especially for messages in MIME format.

...Alternatively, you may try submitting via e-mail, using Outlook. This method has the advantage that you are not actually opening the e-mail and, therefore, not sending back "Return Receipt" messages or opening yourself to other spammer tricks. You can also submit (for parsing) multiple spam e-mails at a time. See My reply in thread "Reporting spam".

Archived