Hi Spamcop, Please Unblock

OneTimeOnly

Hi Support Team,

We are using the CPanel platform and we encountered the issue of not receiving emails from some IP's addresses.

Basically, we are trying to launch an e-commerce web platform soon and there are several text-based forms that are linked to our domain's emails vis sendgrid's DNS. Thus, we tested sending test messages on huge number of times. Initially, most of them were unsuccessful due to sender verification problems, then we managed to fine tuned the DNS settings. Now it seems the verification problem is solved instead the only error now are along the lines of

'JunkMail rejected - xtrwkkxd.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net [167.89.17.173]:58332 is in an RBL: Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?167.89.17.173"

Other IP addresses are 

spam reasonings were: 
"Causes of listing
System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)
SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam about 20 times in the past week"

Please assist us to unblock those IP addresses. Thank you.

You can check the reputation of the IPs yourself at https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=map

I notice that two of the IPs (50.31.x.x) have a poor reputation and are on one or more BL. looking at that neighborhood I see that outbound-mail.sendgrid.net does have a sending spam problem, Current and long term.

But I am not clear if you are having trouble receiving email

7 hours ago, OneTimeOnly said:

We are using the CPanel platform and we encountered the issue of not receiving emails from some IP's addresses.

which is a problem you can resolve by adjusting the email setting in you CPanel so emails are not blocked.

If you are having trouble with the emails you send being blocked you need to talk to your ISP about the IP being used to send email. If your emails are using a shared IP you may be suffering from the reputation of others using the same IP.

IF no more spam are reported to SpamCop and no more emails are received by spam traps, an IP will automatically be removed from the SCBL.

However, It seems these IPs have more than a casual problem.

8 hours ago, OneTimeOnly said:

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam about 20 times in the past week"

14 hours ago, OneTimeOnly said:

Other IP addresses are 

I did find the following post where it appears that 50.31.49.41 has been used quite a bit in the past to sent spam.

Edited by gnarlymarley

Hi LKing,

Thank you for your reply. I gathered these IPs from our Cpanel's tracking delivery logs. Since I'm in charge of IT, I was required to figure out why the messages from the contact-us form didn't reach the email under our domain which as a result led me to the Junkmail/Spamcop logs.

FYI, if we were to send emails to that particular email from other emails(private/public), they will be delivered as usual. Meanwhile, if we were to use the e-commerce platform, it will utilizes sendgrid's platform to make the deliveries, which in turn, those messages will not go through.

So the email/messages didn't reach only via the e-commerce platform. So, I'm still stuck to be honest...

On the spamming part, I hope its due to us trying to send hundreds of test messages to the email somewhere last week, nothing else.

Hi gnarlymarley,

Thank you for your reply. Well, that's unfortunate to hear. I did a tracert to that IP, it belongs to sendgrid's. So maybe it was due to someone using the platform maliciously. 

15 hours ago, OneTimeOnly said:

Since I'm in charge of IT, I was required to figure out why the messages from the contact-us form didn't reach the email under our domain which as a result led me to the Junkmail/Spamcop logs.

I am not sure if this could be done in Cpanel, but one thing I had done for my RBL section was to add an exclusion for certain accounts in my exim setup.  It is easier if the accounts are hidden and say alias accounts to the real thing.

local_parts = !postmaster : !abuse

Something I have also done is to use a scoring system such as spamassassin, so that a single RBL is not able to let me mail server block email.