Spamcop not forwarding

I have two Spamcop accounts, and neither have been forwarding email since about 12:15 PDT today. Mail to my non-Spamcop address is forwarded to the Spamcop system, but is just stuck there; as if the SMTP engine is dead.

As a test, I sent mail directly from the webmail portal and it is not received. Anyone else seeing this problem? Thanks . . .

No newsgroup traffic, no one joining in here. In the past, this usually suggests that your account was bouncing for some reason, so the SpamCop side quit sending. Although there are probably other things to try, the one that usually works is to delete that target account, re-insert it ... then giving things at least a half-hour or so to see if it starts forwarding again.

I just sent myself a test from Webmail to a Yahoo! account, and it worked just fine:

X-Apparently-To:  x[at]yahoo.com via 66.163.178.105; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:00:17 -0700

X-Originating-IP: [216.154.195.49]

Return-Path: <x[at]spamcop.net>

Authentication-Results: mta169.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=spamcop.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 216.154.195.49 (EHLO c60.cesmail.net) (216.154.195.49) by mta169.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:00:17 -0700

Received: from unknown (HELO epsilon.cesmail.net) (192.168.1.40) by c60.cesmail.net with SMTP; 12 Jul 2005 21:00:18 -0400

Received: (qmail 17043 invoked by uid 99); 13 Jul 2005 01:00:17 -0000

Received: from cpe-24-193-127-x.nj.res.rr.com (cpe-24-193-127-x.nj.res.rr.com [24.193.127.x]) by webmail.spamcop.net (Horde) with HTTP for <x[at]spamcop.net[at]cesmail.net>; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:00:17 -0400

Message-ID: <20050712210017.nn3831xwsws88kk0[at]webmail.spamcop.net>

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:00:17 -0400

Disposition-Notification-To: x[at]spamcop.net

X-Confirm-Reading-To: x[at]spamcop.net

X-PMRQC: 1

Return-Receipt-To: x[at]spamcop.net

To: x[at]yahoo.com

CC: x[at]spamcop.net

Subject: 21:00 test

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-Disposition: inline

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 4.0-cvs

Content-Length: 16

This is a test.

I have 4 spamcop accounts and none of them are fwd'ing either. We have not changed anything on our end or our accounts, and other mail accoutns we have (non-spamcop ones) are all working fine.

I had to use a backup hotmail account to register here becuase not even the activation emails from the spam cop server it self are being delievered.

Our account has been working fine for well over a year now....

Any idea what is up?

I just set mine up to forward, and if forwarded a test mail from a GoDaddy webmail server to a Yahoo! UK mailserver in 3 seconds. What domains are you having trouble forwarding to? Thanks!

I just set mine up to forward, and if forwarded a test mail from a GoDaddy webmail server to a Yahoo! UK mailserver in 3 seconds.  What domains are you having trouble forwarding to?  Thanks!

30158[/snapback]

My own. sales[at]intervan.com would be an example thats not working. I have my internal mail server set to fwd that to a spamcop account, which accound to the logs on my server works fine, then from there spamcop is set to filter and fwd back to an address back in my domain (where Im sitting right now to post this from) and its not comming back from spamcop's servers.

This has been working for well over a year, we have not changed anything on our end. The logs on both our primary mail server, and our mirror mail server sho no email at all FROM the spamcop ip's since around 11pm last night local time.

vydorscope:

Are the emails ending up in your SpamCop Inbox Folder/mailbox, or are they lost in a queue someplace?

Is it fair to assume that the destination of the forwarding is also in the intervan.com domain?

Thanks!

The following arrived via PM:

I've been having spamcop forwarding problems, too. Mail sent to my spamcop account doesn't arrive in my spamcop inbox or held mail folder nor does it automatically forward to my regular inbox. Mail sent over the last 12 hours has not been delivered (but it hasn't bounced back to the senders). My mail should forward to RCN (my ISP), but it's not even making it through Spamcop. (My ISP told me that in a test email, there was successful delivery at Spamcop)...

Any ideas?

-Nick

vydorscope:

Are the emails ending up in your SpamCop Inbox Folder/mailbox, or are they lost in a queue someplace?

Is it fair to assume that the destination of the forwarding is also in the intervan.com domain?

30161[/snapback]

I have logged on to the webmail system and it shows nothing in the inbox, or the heldmail, or any other folder that I can access. I checked that first under the assumption it was merely making non-spam as spam. If they are stuck in a queue its not on any of my servers, I checked that several times already.

And yes email coming in to sales[at]intervan.com gets fwd to spamcop, then spam cop fwds aback to an intervan.com email address, both mail addresses are on the server siting right over there <---- :D

The emails should be delivered by c60.cesmail.net [216.154.195.49]. Is your mailserver rejecting connections from that server for any reason? Thanks!

I have 4 spamcop accounts and none of them are fwd'ing either. We have not changed anything on our end or our accounts, and other mail accoutns we have (non-spamcop ones) are all working fine.

and from yet another PM from another user (just registered today);

I'm having the same problem as Jeff G. about SpamCop not forwarding my e-mail since yesterday around noon. This is a big problem for me because I don't have any copy of the e-mail that was sent to me over that time, and SpamCop didn't even bounce anything so anyone who sent me an e-mail didn't get notified it didn't make it to me. Please let me know if you can recover those messages or at least give me a list of who sent that e-mail.

Thanks for your help.

Still nothing in the newsgroups about this, so not sure how "universal" this issue is yet ... four or five folks now in this Topic? None of which has apparently attempted the remove/re-install the "forward account" yet to see if that tickles something into working again.

I had to use a backup hotmail account to register here becuase not even the activation emails from the spam cop server it self are being delievered.

Any idea what is up?

30156[/snapback]

As stated in the last entry into the Announcements forum section, I've not heard anything back from JT on what's going on. The Forum server uses another server for it's outging e-mail, and as noted, that connection seems to be spotty for some reason. My e-mail to JT pointed to what appeared to be a hard-gailure mode existing, yet I see that some folks are still able to get through the registration/validation phase, so I apparently lied a bit, as it's working for some. And one would have to presume the same for other filtered e-mail account holders based on the relatively few complaints at this point. Jeff G. notes that he's sent another e-mail to JT. JT is the only person with the needed access to that part of the system.

Still nothing in the newsgroups about this, so not sure how "universal" this issue is yet ... four or five folks now in this Topic? None of which has apparently attempted the remove/re-install the "forward account" yet to see if that tickles something into working again.

I'd be happy to try that, but my concern is the email that has not yet arrived. I need that email since much of it is from our clients. Seems to me deleteing an account and recreating would remove any chance of getting that email?

I'd be happy to try that, but my concern is the email that has not yet arrived. I need that email since much of it is from our clients. Seems to me deleteing an account and recreating would remove any chance of getting that email?

30182[/snapback]

You have a SpamCop filtered e-mail account.

You have preferences under that account, one of which is forwarding to another account.

Changing that Forwarding option to "not forward" .. removing the "forward to account" data should not have any impact on the e-mail sitting in your SpamCop e-mail account.

Then resetting the SpamCop e-mail account to "forward to a (new) account" should not "remove" any e-mail from your SpamCop e-mail account .... discounting the unfortunate instance in that the (new) account goes to an ISP that decides to "handle" e-mail coming from the SpamCop system in a bad way.

Seems to me deleteing an account and recreating would remove any chance of getting that email?

30182[/snapback]

The technique is to go to the SpamCop Email System Preferences page, stop forwarding by cutting the info from the "Forwarding Address" box and clicking the "Submit" Button, and then optionally restart forwarding by pasting the info back into the "Forwarding Address" box, clicking the "Submit" Button again, and retesting.

The following arrived via PM:

30162[/snapback]

Another PM from the same Member, who can't validate:
[The forum hasn't given me permission to post on my own...sorry]

I tried deleting the forwarding address and mail sent to my spamcop account was then indeed delivered into my Spamcop inbox. But when I changed the settings to forward once again to my RCN account, email simply vanishes. So it would seem the problem is with the mail forwarding system specifically...

-Nick

The technique is to go to the SpamCop Email System Preferences page, stop forwarding by cutting the info from the "Forwarding Address" box and clicking the "Submit" Button, and then optionally restart forwarding by pasting the info back into the "Forwarding Address" box, clicking the "Submit" Button again, and retesting.

30193[/snapback]

Okay just tried this, it did not change anything. :(

Have any of you tried bypassing the problem temporarily by forwarding to a different domain, or stopping the forwarding and using Webmail, pop.spamcop.net, or imap.spamcop.net to access your mail? Thanks!

Have any of you tried bypassing the problem temporarily by forwarding to a different domain, or stopping the forwarding and using Webmail, pop.spamcop.net, or imap.spamcop.net to access your mail?  Thanks!

30202[/snapback]

I have taken the fwd to spamcop out of my mailer tables for all but the least needed account (or there be no way to know if it started working again), but we still dont have the mail that was never fwd's. I have check the webmail directly on spamcops page, but the mail is not thier either. That was the first place I looked, I orginaly had assumed the mail was lost as false postives.

Very odd ... the last error log entry for the Forum stuff is from yesterday ... suggesting that all the validation e-mails from today did leave the Forum computer ... However, the "e-mail then disappeared" is definitely an issue ... trying to figure out what search terms to use to track down the last instance of this exact problem (I seem to recall was an ISP acction based on their filtering) ...

Of course, the mail that already tried to go to your forwarding address is probably stuck in a queue somewhere, so you'll need to send a new test after doing the above.

Archived