Spam from my server?

jorose

Okay this is my problem and I didn't know where else to post about it. I have been getting e-mails (use to be around 30 now it's more like 50) every day that are from my server like bob[at]jovonna-rose.org and sue[at]jovonna-rose.org and I don't even have those names! Now I reported them but the email came back saying:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I hope I didn't do something wrong but is there a way for me to stop these e-mails?

Most of us get spam with forged senders, occasionally including senders in our domains, and less occasionally our own addresses. Reporting them is the way to go. Exactly how are you trying to submit the spam messages via email? The safest way is via email "as attachment" or via the web form - please see How do I submit spam via email?.

Most of us get spam with forged senders, occasionally including senders in our domains, and less occasionally our own addresses.  Reporting them is the way to go.  Exactly how are you trying to submit the spam messages via email?  The safest way is via email "as attachment" or via the web form - please see How do I submit spam via email?.

30669[/snapback]

That is probably what I did wrong then! I just hit forward and sent it that way. I will try as an attachment. Thanks.

I tried sending via the site form and this is what it said:

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No tracking information found in header:

Date: 07/26/05 13:28:53

To: x

Subject: RQGCProbably not full headers - see FAQ:

Email software FAQ

no header

Now I can't send via my mail cause I don't have forward as an attachment.

That is probably what I did wrong then! I just hit forward and sent it that way. I will try as an attachment. Thanks.

30756[/snapback]

Never display your email address with an "[at]" put <AT> in it like

"info<at>jovonna-rose<DOT>org"

or "info[AT]jovonna[DOT]org"

first contatact is best used ging a free throwaway address like

"hard_2_guess<AT>hotmail<DOT>com" upgrading contact when you consider it confirmed (spammers use programs called spiders

Forward to your secret email address as an attachment (in the case of"outlook Express"

Ideally you should consider coughing up the US$30 a year for the only email address you will ever need which is a SpamCop email address this will also collect email from all your email addresses you now have and can easily be trained to accuratly only allow legitimate email to your inbox with all spam just ending up in a "Very Easy Reporting" folder where ALL spamm is reported and added to SpamCops members count towards blocklisting

You have a two weeks free trail to test if this indeed is your cup of tea or not and a refund if it amazingly is not

I am in Sydney Australia and SpamCop's biggest whinger/critic if it fails Which it rarely dores. If it does is continuosly improved to correct

I use IncrediMail.

30926[/snapback]

The incedibly bloated output tool ..... I have no idea how much of that stuff can actually be turned iff, but .... as a test, look at a small incoming text-only e-mail (I'm talking the real raw data of that e-mail) ... send a copy of that e-mail to yourself at another account and compare that 'new copy' .... you should see the issue with trying to submit your spam via that tool.

Archived