TLS support for SMTP host for spam submission

readefries

Hey there,

I wanted to send spam reports via mail, but due the the lack of TLS of the receiving mailhost of Spamcop this gets bounced.

I was really surprised to see, that Spamcop doesn't support TLS on their mailserver. Can you please enable TLS support, so I can securely forward spam mails? For almost al MTA's this is just a configuration.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers, Hindrik

14 hours ago, readefries said:

I wanted to send spam reports via mail, but due the the lack of TLS of the receiving mailhost of Spamcop this gets bounced.

Probably would be a good feature to have.  Is your system not capable of sending without SMTP encryption?

It can, but it's my provider disabled it by default, in favour of mail security. Which I completely understand. I just was very surprised that Spamcop doesn't use TLS, which IMHO is the defacto standard of sending e-mail these days. Unless you are a spammer and want to spoof stuff in your mail headers :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, readefries said:

Hey there,

I was really surprised to see, that Spamcop doesn't support TLS on their mailserver. Can you please enable TLS support, so I can securely forward spam mails? For almost al MTA's this is just a configuration.

Cheers, Hindrik

I think that you could send a message to Spamcop in order to describe this issue and get it solved quickly. A friend of mine did it a couple of months ago and it worked.

6 minutes ago, Harry Adams said:

I think that you could send a message to Spamcop in order to describe this issue and get it solved quickly. A friend of mine did it a couple of months ago and it worked.

Yeah, probably a good idea to send the link to this forum to the deputies at deputies[at]admin[dot[spamcop[dot]net.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, readefries said:

Hey there,

Cheers, Hindrik

On 3/19/2021 at 1:15 AM, readefries said:

It can, but it's my provider disabled it by default, in favour of mail security. Which I completely understand. I just was very surprised that Spamcop doesn't use TLS, which IMHO is the defacto standard of sending e-mail these days. Unless you are a spammer and want to spoof stuff in your mail headers :)

Agree. Spamcop usually responds in a timely manner and tend to find a very effective solution most of the times.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:59 PM, Harry Adams said:

I don't know man. Do you really think this could be a good solution to the issue described?

The deputies have some sort of bug tracking/new feature database.  Since this is in the New Request forum section, hopefully someone will see it.