Windows Mail in Win 10

WindsorFox

I hope this isn't a duplicate but couldn't find anything addressing my problem. As per some instructions I found on the web, I saved the email as a file and attached it and sent to SpamCop. I still got "SpamCop encountered errors." Any ideas on how to remedy this or do I need to just download Thunderbird or similar?

1 hour ago, WindsorFox said:

I hope this isn't a duplicate but couldn't find anything addressing my problem. As per some instructions I found on the web, I saved the email as a file and attached it and sent to SpamCop. I still got "SpamCop encountered errors." Any ideas on how to remedy this or do I need to just download Thunderbird or similar?

Send a SpamCop Tracking url found at top of page BEFORE you submit

15 hours ago, WindsorFox said:

As per some instructions I found on the web, I saved the email as a file and attached it and sent to SpamCop. I still got "SpamCop encountered errors." Any ideas on how to remedy this or do I need to just download Thunderbird or similar?

I believe "SpamCop encountered errors" indicates a problem parsing the attachment.  Are you attaching more then one email attachment as SpamCop can accept more than one?  Might need to make sure your attachment does not have any blank lines above the headers.  Some mail programs change the line endings so you get extra blank line or no blank lines in the source.  Also will need to check that the first blank line is between the headers and the body.

@WindsorFox what email program do you use to submit the spam?

I would first try the following:

Open the saved email file with notepad and copy/paste the whole content (headers and body) into the https://www.spamcop.net/ online form and see if that causes a problem when you submit it like that.

Also, I am not sure if the attached email files have to end in spamfile.eml or if it can be .txt or .whatever (but I would go with .eml) so be sure it has the correct file type.
Just as a side note, mine works if I submit it as spam1.eml and I can submit many spam emails attached to the one submission email (of course the number then increases for the file.)

• 1 year later...

Have you tried checking if your email meets the SpamCop requirements before sending it? You might want to review their guidelines first and make sure that you're not violating any of them. Alternatively, you can try using Thunderbird or a different email client to see if you'll encounter the same issue. Also, if you need help with finding a Windows 10 product key reddit, you can check out Reddit buy Windows for some recommendations. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. They might help you find a cheaper key and also help you with technical issues.

Edited by qwer1