Mailhost problems after employer moved to outlook.office365.com

My work email was moved in the past month to the cloud (outlook.office365.com) from a previous (local) office exchange server. My email address didn't change, but the server configuration did. So, obviously I needed to reset my mailhost config.

However, when I tried to re-set (delete then add) the mailhost for my (existing) email, SpamCop only saw the former configuration (it doesn't see any office365 servers). Despite that, when I try to reconfigure SpamCop anyway for my work email address, after copying the "account configuration email" I correctly received, SC barfs the following message:

Host AAA.canprd01.prod.outlook.com (checking ip) IP not found ; AAA.canprd01.prod.outlook.com discarded as fake.

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

The email sample you submitted for AAAA@BBBB
appears to traverse more than one domain.  
Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.

"AAA" is not the real part of the host address (I'm trying to keep anonymity).

I'm not sure if this is error is due to the "newness" of the configuration, or the fact that the office365 does use some internal servers that aren't visible outside? Anyway, I'm not able to report spams sent to my work email in the current situation.

It's likely my employer's email system is not properly configured, but I am trying to understand why SpamCop doesn't "see" office365 in the new setup.

How does (should) SpamCop know that the emails are now on Office365?

11 hours ago, lartingyou said:

If you delete your old email host address, then go to "add new host" follow directs SpamCop will send a email to that address.
Once completed/successful you go to "Mailhosts" under "Hosts/Domains" you should be able to scroll then see the number of them displayed?

On 5/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, lartingyou said:

From what I understand SpamCop mailhosts only finds out about changes in mailhosts by someone resumitting a mailhosts test.  I think you should be able just resubmit when you need to add a new internal server.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:12 PM, petzl said:

If you delete your old email host address, then go to "add new host" follow directs SpamCop will send a email to that address.

Probably best to delete in this case because my mailhosts appear to be linked to others and it would be good to have a new fresh section for Office365, but you said you had tried that.  Maybe deleting and giving it a new name?

Edited by gnarlymarley

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, gnarlymarley said:

From what I understand SpamCop mailhosts only finds out about changes in mailhosts by someone resumitting a mailhosts test.  I think you should be able just resubmit when you need to add a new internal server.

Probably best to delete in this case because my mailhosts appear to be linked to others and it would be good to have a new fresh section for Office365, but you said you had tried that.  Maybe deleting and giving it a new name?

Yup. Deleting is the best solution.