FAQ: MIME Forwarding from PINE

Jank1887

I use Pine to forward my spam. I'm not the OP but I would like to be able to send twenty spams by attacment in one email from within Pine.

16491[/snapback]

Multiple attachments for submission via Pine:

You can select and forward multiple emails to SpamCop using Pine's Aggregate Operations commands. Note that your default Pine config may have these turned off. Also, you may want to turn on full header display in your configuration.

Step 1: Turning on Full Header display

(already documented in the SpamCOP FAQ, but repeated for completeness.)

• First, view a message and press H. If the full headers are displayed, this feature is already enabled. Skip this section and move on to Step 2.
  • From the main menu: press (S)etup
  • ( C)onfig
  • Scroll down about 40 lines to the option labeled "enable-full-header-cmd".
  • Press [ENTER]. Press (E)xit, (Y)es - to save
  • Now view a message, and press H. If the full headers are displayed, you've successfully enabled the feature.

Step 2: Enabling Aggregate Commands

• First, go to any folder index (I from the main menu), and press ; (the semicolon). If the prompt changes to "SELECT CRITERIA:", then this feature is already enabled. Skip this section and move on to step 3.
  • From the main menu: press (S)etup
  • ( C)onfig
  • Scroll down about 40 lines to the option labeled "enable-aggregate-command-set".
  • Press [ENTER]. Press (E)xit, (Y)es - to save.
  • Now go to the index (I), and press ;. If the prompt is displayed, you've successfully enabled the feature.

Step 3: Forwarding a single message as an attachment

• View the message you wish to forward
  • Press H to display the full headers
  • Press F to forward the message
  • You will be prompted to "Forward message as an attachment?". Press Y
  • Enter your SpamCop submittal address into the To: line
  • Ctrl-X to send

Step 4: Forwarding multiple messages as attachments in a single email

• Go to the folder index with the messages to be forwarded (I for current folder).
  • Press ; (semicolon) to enter SELECT Mode
  • You now have many options to select the messages you want. ( C) selects the currently highlighted message. (A) selects all. You can also select ranges by date, size, etc.
  • Selected messages should be highlighted (depending on your display)
  • After initially selecting the messages, you can press the ; (semicolon) again to enter ALTER MESSAGE SELECTION mode.
  • You can selectively add or remove messages from your selection, as shown in the prompts.
  • When you are finished selecting, press A to activate the Apply to Aggregate command.
  • Press F to forward messages.
  • You will be prompted to "Forward message as a MIME digest?". Press Y
  • Pine will display 1. [Multipart] (___KB) "Digest of X messages" in the attachment field.
    (NOTE: make sure the size is under 100kB (SpamCop max). Also, SC will reject any individual message over 50kB. If you need to trim your selection, press Ctrl-C to cancel the message and return to the index. Then press ; to modify your selection.)
  • Enter your SpamCop submittal address into the To: line
  • Ctrl-X to send

You can then use the A (apply) command to delete everything you have selected. Repeat as necessary.

I personally use a pine account to POP my gmail to aggregate-report my spam. once gmail lets you pop from the spam folder, this will be a really nice setup.

Archived