TheBat! and IMAP Folders

Has anyone else found difficulty listing all of the folders using TheBat! ? I can see quite a few folders via webmail/IMP that I just cannot get TB! to show.

I can see INBOX.Held Email, INBOX.sent-mail and INBOX.Spamcop Mail, but

none of the other folders such as INBOX.New Folder, INBOX.Trash,

INBOX.postpond, INBOX.drafts. Reset List in the Manage IMAP Folders

dialogue doesn't appear to change anything.

TheBat! 2.03.47. No-one on TBBETA answered, so trying here.

Has anyone else found difficulty listing all of the folders using TheBat! ? I can see quite a few folders via webmail/IMP that I just cannot get TB! to show.

I can see INBOX.Held Email, INBOX.sent-mail and INBOX.Spamcop Mail, but

none of the other folders such as INBOX.New Folder, INBOX.Trash,

INBOX.postpond, INBOX.drafts. Reset List in the Manage IMAP Folders

dialogue doesn't appear to change anything.

TheBat! 2.03.47. No-one on TBBETA answered, so trying here.

This sounds like a subscriptions issue. IMAP has the concept of folder subscriptions which aren't really useful when you're talking about your own mailbox. But you may be subscribed to only some of your own folders and showing only unsubscribed folders.

I don't use TheBat, but I'd suggest you try to do one of two things. Preferably, tell it to show unsubscribed folders. Alternatively, figure out how to subscribe to these other folders.

If you figure out the answer, please post back here.

JT

Thunderbird and Outlook Express don't have any problems, I just can't get TheBat! to show or subscribe to all of the folders. IMAP support in TheBat! is newish but I thought it was > 90% working.

Interestingly the list of folders that TheBat! can see, even after resetting the list, is the same list as Thunderbird shows subscribed to start with. Or maybe this isn't interesting ...

Just appealing to anyone who has gotten it working nicely.

Archived