Blacklisted - need to get off how ?

barrk

We have been black listed IP 208.26.35.20, How can we get off ?

31504[/snapback]

Per http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=208.26.35.20

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

It appears this listing is caused by misdirected bounces. We have a FAQ which covers this topic: Why auto-responses are bad (Misdirected bounces). Please read this FAQ and heed the advice contained in it.

The spamcop list is automatic...when spam is reported, the IP is listed then starts to time off the list. If no further reports are received, it will drop off automatically. If, however, new reports are received, time will get addedd to the listing.

Per http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=208.26.35.20

The spamcop list is automatic...when spam is reported, the IP is listed then starts to time off the list.  If no further reports are received, it will drop off automatically.  If, however, new reports are received, time will get addedd to the listing.

31505[/snapback]

Hi,

So basically what you are saying it that due to emails being sent from us to external clients are being bounced back, becuase either there mail server is down or what ever the case my be. This has resulted in us being listed

Hi,

So basically what you are saying it that due to emails being sent from us to external clients are being bounced back, becuase either there mail server is down or what ever the case my be. This has resulted in us being listed

31506[/snapback]

No, messages TO your site with fake return addresses are being returned to those addresses. At least one of those addresses was one of the spamcop spamtrap addresses, resulting in your being listed. The messages are coming from your server to the spamtrap address.

Not a good enough answer...

31513[/snapback]

Now that's actually pretty funny.

• FAQ - read before posting taf is ignored
  • peer-to-peer support notice ignored
  • Multiple responses provided, pointing to the same ignored FAQ data, even repeating FAQ data

Yet, without a sign of doing any research at all, an edited post is left with this one-liner .... and what's really bad ... as there are multiple 'answers' provided, one is left to try to guess at just which answer is the one "not good enough" ....????

Let's try this response .... You are asking a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) which means you are in luck. There just happens to be a list of Frequntly Asked Questions provided here and believe it or not, your query is in that list. As it appears that links to direct entries within that FAQ do not fit "good answers" ... let me be the one to suggest that there are several links to the entire single-page access point to an expanded version of the SpamCop FAQ found on this very page. If that's not sufficient, perhaps pointing to Miss Betsy's "Why am I Blocked?" entry, also found as a link on the forum section 'first' page and as an entry within the FAQ here ...... help us help you by pointing out just what is actually not already covered in your situation.

one is left to try to guess at just which answer is the one "not good enough"

31517[/snapback]

My first guess he isn't satisfied with the answer to his "What i the quickest way to fix this?" question. My 2nd guess is that by "this" he meant the Spamcop listing, and not the problem with his server that got him listed. Or, maybe he just completely missed the fact that Jeff G.'s Misdirected Bounces statement was actually a link to the Glossary (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...29916Blowback) where he could learn how his server is poorly configured and is exascerbating the problem for his neighbors on the 'net.

Or, maybe he needs a little re-education about how when you move into a neighborhood (hook your server up to the internet), and start causing problems for the neigbors (misdirecting bounce messages to others and increasing their spam load), the neighbors may stop talking to you (put you on blocklists and stop accepting traffic from your server), that they are entirely within their right to disassociate with you (contracts excepted, any computer can refuse to communicate with any other computer for any reason, whether they're owned by a business or my grandma), and it's your job to get back in the neighbors' good graces, because they don't care (you need to fix your server issue if you have business that needs to be done, they're not going to bend over backward for you to make your money.)

Not a good enough answer...

31513[/snapback]

You clearly missed the link in Steve Underwood's reply pointing out the information about misdirected bounces. I'll link to it here again for you.

Basically the answer is to configure your mail server in the now more acceptable manner described and your blocklist entry should drop off the list quite speedily.

If that isn't an acceptable approach for you then you'll most likely continue to be the victim of the spammers' desire to flood your mailboxes and when you bounce the messages back will get listed again.

Andrew

Can you provide a contact number

31522[/snapback]

Answers to the query you have posed thus far already exist within the FAQ, linked to in numerous places on this very screen. That includes "contact" data. There's even an entry to explain the "will be delisted in 0 hours" currently showing for the IP in question.

Sorry but your answer is not helping me, we have been unable to work since early hours of this morning GMT.   :angry:

Also it mentioned that we have been listded for less than 24 hrs. How long must this go on, your site makes no mention of a time frame is left

31525[/snapback]

Exaggeration does not help your cause. Being listed on the SpamCopDNSBL will only cause an issue when attempting to send an e-mail to another ISP that has chosen to use the SpamCopDNSBL as a blocking tool. This is not a universal condition and is also against the 'recommended' use of the SpamCopDNSBL.

If there is a specific issue with a "target" e-mail address, perhaps you need to contact that involved ISP and talk about whitelisting. Perhaps falling back onto the ancient mode of using a telephone might be required?

"My site" (?) .... once again, the FAQ has the answers you seek. In this case, there is a mathematical algorithm involved. If you're not going to do the research, there isn't much more help to be offered. Again, you are asking a Frequently Asked Question, but not once mentioning that you're working to resolve the issue that got the IP listed in the first place.

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=208.26.35.20 shows current status of that listing. It also shows that there are other issues with that IP that you've not talked about fixing.

I have gone through your site, and if i had the answer then it would be fine.

How about an answer ?

On your site it mentions the following !!!

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 0 hours.

How about a contact number to talk

How long must this go on ?

31525[/snapback]

As your IP Address is in the process of delisting, it shouldn't be more than 3 hours now. As long as you continue sending misdirected bounces to SpamCop spam Traps and not following the FAQ and the answers you were given, you will continue to be eminently eligible for listing, as well as annoying email users around the globe with your arrogance.

How about an answer ?

???? Answer already exist in the locations pointed out. I have no idea what "site" you may be talking about, it's the FAQ that is repeatedly pointed to.

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 0 hours.

31529[/snapback]

Please re-read my last post at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=31524

Can you provide a contact number

31522[/snapback]

No. Note that "To appeal a listing, please use this form" on SpamCop Blocking List information : How can I be de-listed? (Dispute Resolution) does not include a contact phone number option. And if you insist on a contact phone number, try one you've used before, "+1.1231231234".

How about an answer ?

On your site it mentions the following !!!

31529[/snapback]

But you have been referred to the suggested solution several times. If you have successfully stopped bouncing messages back to spam traps then your listing will not only have dropped off the blocklist but will remain off the list.

However, you don't say whether you've taken the suggested action, just request more information.

I know how frustrating the inability to send some Emails can be but there are many ways around the problem.

In the meantime you seem not to have understood that the support in these forums is provided by other users. Venting your frustration on users who willingly share their time and knowledge without payment isn't going to gain you much help.

Andrew

In the meantime you seem not to have understood that the support in these forums is provided by other users.

31544[/snapback]

Actually, the primary support for all of your spamcop issues is via this forum, which is provided by other users. Secondary modes of support can be obtained when a problem arises that requires escalation of the issue. You have not provided evidence for any escalation as of yet.

Archived