An Important Questions

Berrak12

Dear All,

Could you please answer my questions if you know the answers.

*In my web site there is 'send to your friend' button. If someone sends lots of mails to someone with good/bad will, and the receiver complaints because he/she gets my site advertisement.

Does the companies like 'spamcop' consider that complaint seriosly?

*If someone sends my web site link from their own outlook or some other programs like messenger with good/bad will, does the companies like 'spamcop' consider that complaint seriosly?Because I am not the sender.

Or this copmlaint number should reach to a number for consideration.

Thank you,

yenimail1<at>yahoo.co.uk

email address edited my moderator ([at]) replaced with <at>

You would have nothing to worry about in either case in terms of SpamCop reporting. The SC blocking list works on the IP address of the sender of the email. Maybe you or your service provider might receive reports that your website is being advertised in spam ("spamvertized").

*In my web site there is 'send to your friend' button. If someone sends lots of mails to someone with good/bad will, and the receiver complaints because he/she gets my site advertisement.

Does the companies like 'spamcop' consider that complaint seriosly?

31832[/snapback]

If the message is actually being send from your servers and does not indicate within the headers in an accepted way the IP address of the person originating the message, then your ISP could receive complaints about the messages. These complaints would also add to your count toward being listed on the SCBL.

Any complaint received that contains your web link could generate a report to your ISP about the "spamvertized" site, but that does not increase the likely hood of your IP being added to the SCBL.

It is up to the ISP recieving the complaint to "consider that complaint seriosly".

*If someone sends my web site  link from their own outlook or some other programs like messenger with good/bad will, does the companies like 'spamcop' consider that complaint seriosly?Because I am not the sender.

Or this copmlaint number should reach to a number for consideration.

31832[/snapback]

Any complaint received that contains your web link could generate a report to your ISP about the "spamvertized" site, but that does not increase the likely hood of your IP being added to the SCBL.

It is up to the ISP recieving the complaint to "consider that complaint seriosly".

Spamcop does not rate the complaints. It is simply a tool for the receiver of the "spam" to use to complain to the ISP of the sender.

MODERATOR: Moved to the Blocklist Forum since this has nothing to do with "How to use...." and could lead to being Blocklisted.

Yes you are right, I checked and see that it is spamvertized.

So can my server block my server ip because of it?

You would have nothing to worry about in either case in terms of SpamCop reporting.  The SC blocking list works on the IP address of the sender of the email.  Maybe you or your service provider might receive reports that your website is being advertised in spam ("spamvertized").

31836[/snapback]

Yes you are right, I checked and see that it is spamvertized.

So can my server block my server ip because of it?

31840[/snapback]

You ISP needs to make that decision, using the information they have. It is your agreement with them being challenged but probably has provisions for them to shut you down because of "spamvertizing". They could shut you down, do nothing (not looked kindly in the spam fighting circles), or something in between (warning, fine, loss of deposit, etc.). SPamcop is simply the vehicle to deliver the report from the end user.

Just so you know, if I receive something "sent from a friend", I did not authorize it so it is Unsolicited Commerial Email (UCE, aka spam) and it gets reported unless that friend is identified. If the friend is identified (and I know them), I warn my "friend" not to do that and ignore that instance of spam but I report any further messages from the organization (i.e. they added my name without my permission). Others report ANY unsolicited (by them) messages.

Although this topic seems to have traveled toward the spamvertized site problem, an example of how spamcop identifies the sending system with their webmail service is shown below.

Received: from Fully.Qualified.Domain.Name

(Fully.Qualified.Domain.Name [iPAddress]) by

webmail.spamcop.net (Horde) with HTTP for

<x>; Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:35:36 -0400

Archived