IMAP in Thunderbird

jev

I'm trying to use Thunderbird to connect to my Spamcop mail account using IMAP, and in general it is working very well. I have no idea why I waited so long to start using IMAP. :)

The only issue I'm having is with the Spamcop SSL certificate. I tried roughly following the Eudora directions in the FAQ, but I can't seem to get the dialog box to stop popping up when I start up Thunderbird.

Like I said, everything seems to work except I can't get this box to stop appearing. Anyone have any ideas, or a procedure with what they did to get it working? I linked to an image of the dialog box below:

SSL_Error.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Note to self (and other Moderators+): in your copious spare time, please scrub these forums of recommendations to use mail.spamcop.net for anything but a webserver, especially when it comes to SSL connections for IMAP or POP. It would be interesting to find out where jev got that hostname.

Note to self (and other Moderators+): in your copious spare time, please scrub these forums of recommendations to use mail.spamcop.net  for anything but a webserver, especially when it comes to SSL connections for IMAP or POP.  It would be interesting to find out where jev got that hostname.

32092[/snapback]

Arrgh! Results 1 - 10 of about 275 from forum.spamcop.net for mail.spamcop.net

including many with the words "per the instructions ...."

Thanks swingspacers -- changing to imap.spamcop.net corrected it for me.

As for where I got the reference, yep, got it from the FAQ for setting up Eudora with IMAP at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/347.html. I remembered stuff changing a while back, but since I wasn't using IMAP, I wasn't sure if it was just POP or both. So I followed the information in the FAQ. :)

(Also, sorry for taking so long to respond. I had marked that I wanted to get sent mail on replies, but either those hit the Held Mail folder, or that feature isn't implemented. I've been swamped at work, so was looking for those to let me know I had responses.)

Thanks swingspacers -- changing to imap.spamcop.net corrected it for me.

As for where I got the reference, yep, got it from the FAQ for setting up Eudora with IMAP at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/347.html.  I remembered stuff changing a while back, but since I wasn't using IMAP, I wasn't sure if it was just POP or both.  So I followed the information in the FAQ. :)

Haven't heard a thing from JT on my last, but ... thanks for the updated (and additional) place of the data. Will resend my query/suggestions ...

(Also, sorry for taking so long to respond.  I had marked that I wanted to get sent mail on replies, but either those hit the Held Mail folder, or that feature isn't implemented.  I've been swamped at work, so was looking for those to let me know I had responses.)

32246[/snapback]

I'm not sure what to say about that. Interestingly enough, in my last to JT, I had remarked that the forum / e-mail connection seemed to be running smooth ... After reading this, checked the logs and see that it's been erroring for most of the day ...??? On the other hand, I see no errors with anything that would appear to be your e-mail address involved with any of the errors today, no errors showing for the days of the interim posts ... checking your 'registered e-mail address - no errors involving that account ... there may be a detail involved with the way you 'subscribed' ... I believe I have an entry in the How to Use .. SpamCop Forum .. on that selection

Haven't heard a thing from JT on my last, but ... thanks for the updated (and additional) place of the data.  Will resend my query/suggestions ...

I'm not sure what to say about that.  Interestingly enough, in my last to JT, I had remarked that the forum / e-mail connection seemed to be running smooth ... After reading this, checked the logs and see that it's been erroring for most of the day ...??? On the other hand, I see no errors with anything that would appear to be your e-mail address involved with any of the errors today, no errors showing for the days of the interim posts ... checking your 'registered e-mail address - no errors involving that account ... there may be a detail involved with the way you 'subscribed' ... I believe I have an entry in the How to Use .. SpamCop Forum .. on that selection

32248[/snapback]

Thanks -- I'll have to check that, since it looks like my address is right, and I got nothing in my Held Mail folder, so... :)

Archived