Mailwasher fails to report to spamcop

john1000

No wazoo..... :lol:

There are a few situations....

I said

sure im able to report spam using my email client,using thunderbird or outlook express.

I mean by that WITHOUT mailwasher i can report spam as forwarded.,..

Like i always do with my mailclient !

But when i use mailwasher it needs a mail client (naturaly)

I just mean that whatever i use,outlook or thunderbird the result of ERRORS are the same.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about ... some sort of authorization, say POP before SMTP .... your e-mail clients understand/handle this situation just fine. The MailWasher app only does SMTP, thus fails the authorization stage, and chello is rejecting the attempted "relay" attempt using their server ....????

I dont know...

Can you explain that?

Im just your averedge end/user...

But what your saying....is it possible mailwasher is that stupid that it doesnt recoqnise or accepts the address being mail.chello.nl instead of..smtp.chello whatever?

I dont know...

Can you explain that?

Im just your averedge end/user...

Possible question for chello folks. Do they use this type of authorization?

In general, doinf a POP3 access (to get yur e-mail) your client does a bit of a login to vetify that it's you and what mailbox needs to be accessed. Usually, a bit of a timer is started, such that any further e-mail processing relies on this "granted access" flag. What is suggested here is that you get your e-mail, take some time to handle it, eventually get around to sending some reports ... you use the MailWasher app, which jumps into the SMTP process, but the "timer" from the previous mail-run (POP access) has timed out, and therefore the SMTP attempt is rejected, as the "trust" is now gone.

Not a good explanation, but ....

But what your saying....is it possible mailwasher is that stupid that it doesnt recoqnise or accepts the address being mail.chello.nl instead of..smtp.chello whatever?

32158[/snapback]

Should not be the/an issue. http://home.nld.chello.nl/upcmnfc/start/support/ shows that both POP and SMTP are both assigned to mail.chello.nl ...

yes that they are both the same i already knew that...

but ok..you been a great help,like the others...but we have to wait till tomorrow.

then i can give some more info on what they said about this..

i hope you can give your feedback on my other started topic...

yes that they are both the same i already knew that...

but ok..you been a great help,like the others...but we have to wait till tomorrow.

then i can give some more info on what they said about this..

i hope you can give your feedback on my other started topic...

32160[/snapback]

It is Mailwasher itself that is attemping to send/email the spam for reporting to spamcop (no other program)

So your SMTP setup in mailwasher is wrong (Mailwasher is reporting spam in this case the email program doing it, no other)

ERROR MESSAGE

Error 550 Relaying not allowed

RESOLUTION

This error message is coming from the mail server, not from MailWasher. This error means that the SMTP (outgoing) mail server did not recognize you as an authorized user and rejected your e-mail message. Most ISPs (ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, and this includes GCI) configure their mail servers to recognize only those computer IP addresses that are on an accepted list. If you use multiple ISPs, or just switched from another ISP, you are likely to encounter this problem. The solution is to change setting of the SMTP server for that mail account under your e-mail application:

What are my POP (or IMAP) and SMTP settings?

POP or IMAP is your incoming mail setting and SMTP is your outgoing mail setting. You need to consult your documentation from your email provider for these settings, or see the MailWasher® Pro help for more information.

While Mailwasher is very good as it allows you to not only whitelist email addresses it also allows you to use the best most accurate Blocklist around SCBL along with others. It also by immediatly reporting spam is attacking the spammer

It is still not as good as a full SpamCop Email address

The problem with this is Mailwasher Pro has not been updated for over 12 monts

For less than $US35 bucks ypu can get the very best and easiest to use a SpamCop Email acount

Which is easy to set up. Downloads ALL your email accounts in one go accuratly removing all spam and virus with zero email, including spam deleted. spam is put in a VER folder for you to just check first before rorting (thus getting blocked by SCBL

Things like Thunderbird have not yet been setup for MailWasher ( I would suspect your 30 day free trail for Mail washer is over)

By the way I have zero connection with SpamCop other than a paying user in Sydney Australia and just don't argue with the Very best

And when are you comming to Austraia? I thought except for your Euro Princess have? Heaps of Dutch here already and all most welcome

ha..ha...ha..

Well if i had enough funds in the usa i might do it..

But i just had a conversation with a employee of my isp,not a helpdesk person but higher then that..

A thing i didnt tried yet was loging in at my webmail/directly at isp address.

So sending from my isp webmail to submite.ID..spamcop[at]blabla spamcop went fine,no problems so its not blocked...

Does this help?

ha..ha...ha..

But i just had a conversation with a employee of my isp,not a helpdesk person but higher then that..

So sending from my isp webmail to submite.ID..spamcop[at]blabla spamcop went fine,no problems so its not blocked...

Does this help?

32171[/snapback]

You need to setup Mailwasher for both SMTP and POP

Mailwasher is a email client (on its own) that leaves email (That it does not either delete/report) on server for your OTHER email client (Thunderbird) to then retrieve

You need to set up MailWasher properly first (Mailwasher is 12 months old and can not do this yet for Thunderbird)

Does this help?

32171[/snapback]

Not really. As you are "logged in" .. the authorization situation is already taken care of. The web-mail app's connection to the ISP's SMTP connection is not the same as your e-mail app's connection.

Fire up OE, Tools | Options | Maintenance | check in the Email box | Apply | OK

Submit a spam to your e-mail submittal address via OE

Go look at / capture the log data .. compare that to what you've shown for the attempt via Mailwasher ... ask chello about the difference in the results

(turn the logging off under OE)

Well i think i know what you mean,however...you say "capture the log data" and you end with "turn the logging off under OE"

Isnt that the same?

How can i capture log data if logging is off?

(dont forget im seeing all in dutch,meaning things are named different..

well i tried it again with OE and all is the same..

i give up...

32187[/snapback]

When you say all is the same, are you saying that the message went through or are you saying that you got the same type bounce error.

Wazoo's first step was to ensure logging was on, then have you send a message, then grab the logged data, then turn off logging. You had stated previously that sending an email from OE to your submit address worked. In this way you could show the 2 logs to your ISP and have them explain why it works for one and not the other.

From OE Help

"Before contacting your ISP, you can create a log of the commands that have been sent to and from your e-mail servers. This can be useful for troubleshooting."

Under how to delete log files: "If you are using Windows 98, click the Windows Start menu, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows Millennium Edition, click the Windows Start menu, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.

If you are using Windows XP, click the Windows Start menu, and then click Search.

In the text box, enter the log file.

Log files are named by server type and have a .log extension (for example pop3.log, smtp.log). If you don't know the exact name of the log file, type *.log."

That also is a way to find them so that you can show them to your ISP.

"Log files can get quite large. When you finish troubleshooting, make sure you clear this option using the steps provided above." (probably why Wazoo said to turn it off after you have gotten what you want).

Miss Betsy

hi betsy,

long time ... :)

well i already uninstalled mailwasher.

i also cannot find the logs you mention.

i did a search and with no result.

i use win xp pro

im gonna turn the spam filter of my isp on again.

i submitted maybe 50 or 60 spam by hand again today,but without any type of automation its hard to keep up.

i dont have the time for it..

everybody helped a lot in the search what the problem is but both forums including moderators couldnt find it.

the only chance was getting another chello user to install it and see what happens..

But ive spend hours and hours of checking..

Point is,when you use it you will see theres not that much to check...

Spamcops.png

Cannot find where to correct this (This is NOT how I set it up)

As I said mailwasher is a email client on its own unless the smtp and pop are set right it will not work

Hi petzl,

Well finaly you can show the same error.

Thats what i get..

But what i dont understand is ...

You say its a email client on its own ?

Hows that?

Whenever you hit process mail it uses the standard client,that is thunderbird or OE..

Interesting problem huh... :(

Hi petzl,

Thats what i get..

But what i dont understand is ...

You say its a email client on its own ?

Hows that?

Whenever you hit process mail it uses the standard client,that is thunderbird or OE..

Interesting problem huh... :(

32200[/snapback]

MailWasher is a email client in that it needs your "POP" to first retrieve then filter email on the server after filtering it deletes spam leaving non-spam for your other email client to download (in your case Thunderbird)

If you wish to report spam to spamcop using Mailwasher it then asks for SMTP settings to submit the spam. Trouble is it has a glitch and misconfigures your email address (as the graphic shows

Again you really need to try out the very best in automated spam & virus filters which is a SpamCop Email account You get the only email address you will ever need so far bullet proof from spammers and virus. PayPal is what I use to pay although there are other methods. If it is not your cup of tea refunds are cheerfuly given

Thats what i get..

32200[/snapback]

sorry, but let me point out that this is not the "same" error you've been presenting. All you've provided thus far was

<submit.-id-[at]spam.spamcop.net> .... not quite the same bit of data as Petzel has offered up.

Archived