Mailwasher fails to report to spamcop

john1000

yes it is the same error,however..it can show in different ways.

but when i use the configuration as i should i get the error shown on the screenshot.

so take my word for it,errors are the same...

32218[/snapback]

I'm trying to point out that the data has been changed in diagnosing the problem. The error "on the screenshot" was never mentioned in a way that it was apparent. The closest to that point was your admitting that yes, you munged the address before posting, but no mention made of the double [at] signs (for instance)

I know I've made the statement a few times that "we" can't see your screen, so all that "we" have to go on is your words.

Now that it is apparent that it seems to be totally a MailWasher configuration issue, this is being moved to the Software issue forum section.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi wazoo,

yes it is the same error,however..it can show in different ways.

but when i use the configuration as i should i get the error shown on the screenshot.

so take my word for it,errors are the same...

32218[/snapback]

Also, you should NOT be using your submit address as the return address as Petzl.s screen shot is showing (i.e. mail from).

Well you know im dutch but realise we can both understand things differently..

As to munged?

That wasnt explained..?

But im not gonna post my ID here,so thats whymy ID was changed...

So yeah my proper reporting ID from spamcop was entered into the ID field..

No question about that.. :(

Well you know im dutch but realise we can both understand things differently..

Having lived around the world, I'll be the first to agree that U.S. English is far from a 'perfect' language. Even dialect gets in the way at times. I recall returning from 5+ years in Germany, driving across the U.S., stopping in at a gas/petrol station in Pennsylvainia, and asking the attendent to repeat his question more slowly ... his returned 'dumb' look caused me to notice that I had made my request in Italian (based on what I thought I had heard), so he had no idea what I had just said. On the third try, I finally figured out that he was asking if I wanted him to check my oil.

As to munged?

That wasnt explained..?

A Glossary was created, dbiel has been working the heck out of it, found as link off of the SpamCop FAQ found within this Forum structure .. links at the top of the page, Pinned entries within each Forum section ... I swear, we do try ...

But im not gonna post my ID here,so thats whymy ID was changed...

So yeah my proper reporting ID from spamcop was entered into the ID field..

No question about that.. :(

32225[/snapback]

I understand that data was munged ... but munged [at] spamcop.net is not the same as

munged [at] spamcop.net [at] pop.spamcop.net .... that is a whole different spin on the problem.

• 2 years later...

Archived