Please explain??

lrae

Hi there, I sent an email to my work address from a webmail account and was informed the address was blocked by spamcop, Im indignent re this, i suffer from span on accounts i cant/ havent the rights to filler, now ive feel I have been labeled as one of they very parasites that send spam my self, I know very little re your services but this was not a good advert for me

Also I didnt have the time / energy to find the contact spamcop option in the site map so had to register for forum to disscuss this

Any explaination highly appreciated

Mail Delivery Subsystem

<mailer-daemon[at]gmail.com> to me More options 05:49 (17 minutes ago)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxxxx <at>adhb.govt.nz

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Rule imposed as earlcook[at]gmail.com is believed to be in SpamCop's black list

----- Original message -----

Received: by 10.70.29.5 with SMTP id c5xxxxxxxc;

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.70.103.3 with HTTP; Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Message-ID: < 87d9xxxxxxxxxxxx6d34a993[at]mail.gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:49:29 +1200

Reply-To: xxxxxx <at>gmail.com

To: Earl Cook <xxxxxx <at>adhb.govt.nz>

Subject: letter

Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_Part_1180_12772303.1126720169764"

------=_Part_1180_12772303.1126720169764

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Disposition: inline

Note: email addresses and personal data munged by Moderator

Hi, Irae!

Hi there, I sent an email to my work address from a webmail account and was informed the address was blocked by spamcop,

32710[/snapback]

...Sorry, you have been misinformed. SpamCop does not block anything. That was done by the provider of the person to whom you sent the e-mail (and it is the right of the provider, who owns the resources, to refuse e-mail from anyone).
<snip>now ive feel I have been  labeled as one of they very parasites that send spam my self,

32710[/snapback]

...That isn't what the blocking means, although the message you posted (which, again, is not from SpamCop but from the provider of the person to whom you sent your e-mail) does suggest that. The SpamCop block list includes only IP addresses of servers that have been reported as having been the source of spam. For most people like you who have had their e-mail flagged or rejected, that is because you are sharing an outgoing e-mail server with spammers, not that you yourself have sent spam.
I know very little re your services but this was not a good advert for me

32710[/snapback]

...I can understand that -- you were given misleading information by the provider that rejected your e-mail.
Also I didnt have the time / energy to find the contact spamcop option in the site map so had to register for forum to disscuss this

32710[/snapback]

...This forum is the first point of contact to discuss this, so you actually did the right thing! :) <g>
Any explaination highly appreciated

32710[/snapback]

...There are a number of items in the FAQ (see the posts labeled "Why Am I Blocked? FAQ | Please read before posting" and "Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting" on the home page of any of the SpamCop Forums). If you still have questions after looking through those items, please return here and ask.

...Moderators -- Please consider moving this post from the "SpamCop Reporting Help" forum to the "SpamCop Blocklist Help" forum. Thanks.

Technical details of permanent failure:

PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Rule imposed as xxxxxx[at]gmail.com is believed to be in SpamCop's black list

32710[/snapback]

FYI:

xxxxxx[at]gmail.com

66.249.83.27 is an mx ( 5 ) for gmail.com

host 66.249.83.27 (getting name) no name

No recent reports, no history available

Also:

66.249.83.27 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

And SenderBase says this IP is not listed in any block-lists.

So, the IP address of the mail exchanger (MX) for your Gmail account is not listed in the SpamCop blocklist nor, for that matter, in any other blocklist at this moment.

It would seem that the ISP of the person you were writing to simply doesn't want your mail.

I see that it is a New Zealand government Email address. It is quite possible that their mail admins have taken a dislike to Gmail and are blocking messages - but that is a guess rather than an assertion.

It is, though, true that at the moment SpamCop is doing nothing to block your mail and the ISP concerned is suggesting a SpamCop block in error. The give away on this is that they quote your Email address rather than the IP. As Steve has noted, SpamCop only works on the IP address of your sending SMTP mail server.

Andrew

Archived