"SpamCop has accepted 1 email for processing"

dmb06851

I have recently started receiving these items.

I don't think I have made changes to any settings which may have provoked this.

Up until this started happening the spam would, I suppose, have been automatically processed.

What do I need to do to ensure this?

I also receive many items "SpamCop Quick reporting data".

I don't want to receive any of these notices, they just clog up my mail box.

All I want is that spam is dealt with when I report it. No response from the system.

I have looked at the FAQ section but can't see, or identify, anything which helps. Additionally there are so many terms and abbreviations which I simply do not understand.

I am beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

What settings do I need, and where can I find them, so that I am not bothered with these annoying responses?

Thank you.

I have recently started receiving these items. 

I also receive many items "SpamCop Quick reporting data".

32871[/snapback]

You should have been receiving these right along. There is no way to disable them as there is a reason they are sent.

The accepted message indicates you need to complete the processing. You are to follow the link or go to your logged in web page to actually send these messages. Until you do this, nothing is done with your spam. If you don't want to receive these messages, stop email submitting spam for full reporting.

The quick reporting data should be scanned because the parser can and does make mistakes and you could be reporting your own ISP (which is a bad thing). If you don't want these messages, stop submitting spam for quick reporting.

You can also use your email client to handle these messages and divert them to a folder of your choosing.

As long as you have reviewed the information displayed after clicking on "Report Now" and then I you agree with what the parse has done then click on "Send spam Report(s) Now". Then you are done. Just clicking on Report Now and closing the window does nothing. You have to finish that last step in the report process.

If I choose "Report as spam" that should be the end of it - surely?

I don't need, and certainly don't want, to hear anything else about it.

32874[/snapback]

As dbiel has said, that "surely" is not the end of it. That action is simply starting the process of YOU sending YOUR complaints to the ISP responsible. By ignoring the process, you are endangering your spamcop account as well as the reputation of spamcop within the internet community itself.

Among other things, you NEED to check that the computer program was not fooled into thinking that YOU sent the message by reporting to your ISP.

you NEED to check that the computer program was not fooled into thinking that YOU sent the message by reporting to your ISP.

32876[/snapback]

More importantly, you NEED to check that the computer program was not fooled into thinking that YOUR ISP sent the message by reporting to YOUR ISP's ISP, UPSTREAM, or PEER. I hope you're familiar with the expression "sh*t rolls downhill". :)

Is there any way to receive notification that "SpamCop has accepted (several) items of email for processing" instead of receiving an individual notification for each item of mail reported?

32990[/snapback]

...That's what I get when I submit multiple spams -- my last response from SpamCop was an e-mail entitled "SpamCop has accepted 5 emails for processing." What is the title of the e-mail replies you receive from SpamCop? Are you submitting several spams at a time or just one at a time? If just one at a time, you might want to try forwarding (as attachments, of course) more than one.

Supporting Steve's response: Many submit spam in batches using email client "Forward as attachment" to their submit address. The response is, indeed, one email for the whole batch but it still has the reporting links for each individual spam to be followed and processed (the "Send spam Report(s) Now" process). In my setup, this is streamlined a little by going direct to the members log-in page and cycling through the reports there by clicking the "Unreported spam saved: Report Now" link there (with options including Send spam Report(s) Now), as opposed to following the links from the email. Not familiar with your set up, whether you could do the same (suspect so), but have you had a glance at various ways people use the system?

How I use SpamCop (link)

You may find something there to suit your requirements.

Well worth the effort to keep on looking and asking questions until you find something that works better for you, don't hesitate to come back.

Thank you turetzsr and Farelf.

I submit many items of email garbage at once from MailWasher.

I looked through the "How I use Spamcop" posts but it is all so complicated and

I am not prepared to spend time reporting each and every item from Spamcop so in the future I shall probably simply delete the garbage with Mailwasher and do nothing else.

I submit many items of email garbage at once from MailWasher.

33067[/snapback]

I don't understand this in the context you receive individual SpamCop AutoResponder emails for each piece of spam. Maybe another MailWasher user would be kind enough to swing through and run through the detail of steps and configuration/process? All sorts of other factors, chief of which would be the volume you are trying to handle (not to mention whether you actually use the SC blocking list in there somewhere). Complexity ... understand your difficulty, hope you check back to see if some more directly relevant responses are forthcoming.

Is there any way to receive notification that "SpamCop has accepted (several) items of email for processing" instead of receiving an individual notification for each item of mail reported?

32990[/snapback]

I just read this thread. I missed it when it started.

I presume you are not using a SpamCop flat-rate mail account. But if you did, then you could report all your held spam at once via the quick reporting option and get a single acknowledgement that everything was done and dusted.

But let me say thank you for taking time to report spam. It makes the whole system that little bit more reliable and contributes to the fact that I only get one or two UCE items in my mailbox each month. The rest gets trapped along the way by the filters which you're helping to keepo up to date.

So please keep on completing the reporting process.

Andrew

Archived