Travelocity spam

driesie

Hi,

Has anybody had any problems with Travelocity spam?

I subscribed to their newsletter ages ago and have been trying to unsubscribe for months, but I still keep getting their newsletters. I have tried to contact their customer service etc, but nothing is happening. So I consider their email being spam now.

I have therefore reported the last 3 emails from them as spam. However, spamcop doens't seem to filter them out, I keep getting them even though I thought they were in my blacklist.

Anybody has any ideas?

Cheers,

Dries.

However, spamcop doens't seem to filter them out, I keep getting them even though I thought they were in my blacklist.

33071[/snapback]

Is this the spamcop email system you are trying to filter them with or some other system?

If it is spamcop and you post a tracking URL, we should be able to help you create the blacklist entry. Reporting does not add to your blacklist.

People have different opinions about reporting things you signed up for and later tried to cancel. Your single report vs. the number of valid messages being sent will probably never get the IP listed on spamcop, but it might catch the attention of someone there who can help.

I signed up with Travelocity in late 2003, using a sneakemail account. I haven't yet considered their emails spam, as they generally have fares which some would consider attractive. Rare is the month in which they email me twice. Be that as it may, you may be able to either blacklist "Travelocity[at]email.travelocity.com" without quotes, change your email address registered with them to one at sneakemail or spammotel which you can then cancel, or document your interactions with them in an RBL Nomination.

Has anybody had any problems with Travelocity spam?

33071[/snapback]

Yes!

I've been registered for years but since they launched their UK presence I've started receiving Email shots on a regular basis.

I checked my profile online and discovered that I had agreed to receive Emails so I unchecked all the receive mail options.

Still those messages keep arriving. So with the one I received just yesterday I began reporting then as spam since I have removed myself from their Email lists.

(I also changed my profile so that the Email address provided is entirely fictitious so hopefully that will fix the problem permanently).

Andrew

• 3 months later...
Travelocity spam has been the bane of my life for months!  I, too, have tried to unsubscribe several times but to no avail.  I will try changing my profile email address to see if that stops it, but if not, I'm at a loss to know what to do next.

38408[/snapback]

I got rid of the spam by mailing the customer services a few times, in the last email I threatened to report them to Spamcop (I had done that before actually), after which I received a prompt reply that they had taken me of the list.

In my opinion though, they should be blacklisted as they do not provide a working unsubscribe mechanism. That's as bad as spamming in the first place.

I got rid of the spam by mailing the customer services a few times, in the last email I threatened to report them to Spamcop (I had done that before actually), after which I received a prompt reply that they had taken me of the list.
If only I could achieve the same result with anonymizer.com. :(

In my opinion though, they should be blacklisted as they do not provide a working unsubscribe mechanism. That's as bad as spamming in the first place.

38420[/snapback]

I agree. I think it was Laplink that told me that as I used one of their products, which I no longer did at that point, opt-out was not an option! :angry:

• 14 years later...

see the whole point of subscribing to the newsletter is that you agree to send you bulk mails, host malware, or phishing pages. after unsubscribing and blocking the sender within 72hrs those specific marketing emails will stop. surprisingly in your case everything happening in reverse I suggest you write down your issue to Travelocity customer care members. check Travelocity email for further assistance.