SPEWS Listing All Comcast Subscribers

schalliol

You may want to remove your SPEWS from your lists for this reason, it seems silly. I like to have SPEWS on, but come on, you can't just block a multi-million person ISP.

Hi, schalliol!

You may want to remove your SPEWS from your lists for this reason, it seems silly.  I like to have SPEWS on, but come on, you can't just block a multi-million person ISP.

...Perhaps you don't, but I certainly do! A very large proportion of my 10-50 spam e-mails per day come from (or through) Comcast IP addresses. I wish my employer's network admins would flat-out refuse anything that comes through either a Comcast server or from Taiwan or from ChinaNet!

I agree, they should be blocked. Maybe then they will take notice as to what they are doing to the rest of the internet.

I couldn't believe when I started seeing their ads for their new 3 Mbps cable service they have supposedly given everyone. Now they can spew even more spam and viruses out to everyone. And it won't affect their network.

You may want to remove your SPEWS from your lists for this reason, it seems silly. I like to have SPEWS on, but come on, you can't just block a multi-million person ISP.

Hopefully they will end up a small abusive provider

They do not seem to care about other people. perhaps this is what Comcast want?

They most certainly need to be blocked going by the volume of spam they allow through their IP's. Using the SPEWS list has stopped Comcasts spam getting through to me. Consider dumping Comcast as a provider would be an even better step

I'm not sure that you understand or I wasn't clear. Comcast is not my provider, but I don't like spam and SPEWS can help with that. What I'm saying is that SPEWS added Comcast and basically means if I use that list I block all comcast email, that's email from MILLIONS of everyday people. I cannot allow that, nor should they. Why not just block ALL email, that certainly would get rid of spam, but you wouldn't get any email either!

if I use that list I block all comcast email, that's email from MILLIONS of everyday people. I cannot allow that, nor should they

I block them!If NOBODY from comcast IP's can send me email suits me fine.

So far 100% of all email from Comcasts IP's to me has been spam and is all reported as it has been for some time only to be ignored by Comcast

I personally do not want email from comcast ever!

I as I said before I hope their customers do the right thing and leave

My only concern about the SPEWS listing is it was far too slow in happening

oooookie...I'm no comcast fan either, but if I could get that, I would, since right now I can't get DSL or other cable and have a satellite up/downlink. Just freakin' ban all senders of email while you're at it.......

<snip>  Just freakin' ban all senders of email while you're at it.......

...No, I don't want that. All of my family and friends use e-mail providers other than Comcast and I want to receive their e-mail. All of my work colleagues use my employer's e-mail server and I want to receive their e-mail.

...If anyone whose e-mail I wish to receive decides to use Comcast, I shall strongly urge them to switch to a responsible e-mail provider. If they can't do that, for some reason, I'll just copy their e-mails out of my "this may be spam" folder into my Inbox.

Archived